Re-edited Selle Italia FLITE's; what material is the cover?

MaLóL

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello to all the retro bikers out there!!!!

I have an old Gazelle single speed bike that I use for city commuting. I have an old Flite from 93 I bought second hand, but it's now in bad shape. It lost the black color and has some holes. Also the padding is way too soft now, so the support is lost. I always loved this saddle and I was thinking of buying now a new one, instead of a second hand one. I´ve seen it for 60-65€ in some shops. I think it's a worthy investment.

Problem is that this bike stays locked in the street 24/7. Here in the Netherlands they don't tend to steal saddles, so I think it would stay there. Problem is the rain, it rains often, and having it covered in winter is very annoying. This leather one I have now is not waterproof obviously, it's leather. It gets very very wet and humid, and the water penetrates to the foam. I´ve bought re-edited selle italia turbo in the recent past months, and I love that the cover is not leather anymore, it's synthetic, that makes it cheaper and water-proof, and I love that!!!

My question is if these new re-edited retro Flites are leather or not. I´ve seen two versions;

Do you know if both are leather? is any of the two not real leather? Thank you so much!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 23.43.27.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 23.43.27.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 288
  • Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 23.43.32.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-14 at 23.43.32.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 288
Ok, I found out that both are leather.

Now the first one weights 235g, the second one 220g... I guess the first one has more padding... but I like more the 2nd one, that is like the one from the 90's...

Tought decision...

Back