hope bb bearing replacement found

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I bought some replacement bearings from eBay for £20 the other day for the pair. Seem good value and we'll made. Annoyingly the ones in there were fine, I thought they were rough buy it was grit behind the plastic bearing cover. Anyway, what might be useful to anyone is the maker and model in case you want to source your own rather than paying £15 each for them from hope direct.

Finesun Mr2437-rs

Hopes are stainless!

Good luck with the durability on these.......

Good little trick is to flip the plastic caps off and coat the bearing dust seals in something as gloopy as Juice Lubes waterproof bearing grease.....

I'll report back on durability but I'm sure the ones I got were also stainless. Cheers for the tip on lube, had considered that on other bearings as it's just a rubber seal, nothing fancy really.

Now you know the size is 2437-rs you should be able to source these from any decent bearing supplier. An SKF/NSK bearing would be better quality and probably be about £4 each.

Re:

CRC were selling some Japanese made FSA bearing that fit Hope BBs for only £2.49 a pair. Not sure if they still have them. Six months in they're still going strong and they've had a lot of Welsh weather.

Re:

This an external bb (just checking as not sure which area I just landed in)
That's a common BB90 size 24x37x7
MR is enduro bearings I think.

Back