GT Team Zaskar 2005 fork travel

Ian_H

Retro Newbie
Anybody know what the recommended travel for this frame was? I thought I remembered the info that came with the frame said 80mm but I can't confirm this anywhere. I'm moving over to a rigid fork so I need the corrected length right!

First off are you sure it's a 2005? My catalog only shows a Zaskar Expert model for 2005. 2004 Catalog shows a Zaskar Team and states the OEM fork was a Fox F100X which is shown to have an axle to crown of 470.9mm. Post a picture of the frame so we can ID what it actually is.

Well I could be wrong there. I bought it frame only. The attached image shows the frame which I've pulled off google images. Can't do a link from the iPad but if you search '2005 gt zaskar team' on google images and sroll to this image then visit page you'll see it has 80mm listed I think? (Only just found this page whilst looking for a image!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 693
I can't make that out on my screen - i can't even tell if the frame is the same tbh! What does it say in the specs? This is the full link to where i pulled the image from, this is definitely the same frame and says (for what its worth) '05? i can't read what looks like russian but the fork is an Fox F80x with presumably 80mm of travel.

http://kolo.cz/clanek/gt-zaskar-team-2005

I'd think about 100mm at an absolute maximum but probably 80mm :? Just a guess you understand but it was an XC race so wouldnt have been huge

Back