Are modern rear ends wider?

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
Fnarr, fnarr!

Nothing to do with the eating habits of the young.

Do modern mountain bikes have the same measurement between the rear dropouts as my older pre disk bikes?

I'm hoping they are wider as I will be after a really wide quick release for a rear wheel.

Thanks.

If it's QR, no - still 135mm OLN. If it's a bolt-through rear end then it could be 135mm, 142mm, or 150mm (though the latter is typically only DH bikes).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ba57ards":3w2ymlf8 said:
how wide do u want the qr

know a project i did i needed a wide one and i found that tandems had 145mm rear qr

but std disc mtb run 135mm

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHEEL-SKEWERS ... 25584ebd50

these are 110mm front 145 rear (did a quck search )

Cool as..! Cheers to both replies. For a fiver I'll try those. I need a little extra to fit in an experimental towing hitch.

Thanks.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back