Rockshox Psylo and XC/28 are they any good?

AmpresearchB3

Old School Hero
My knowledge of MTB parts finished around about 1995 ish so I have no idea what this modern stuff is.

The XC/28 know is worth about 80GBP or less. They're unused but I'm guessing they're as cheap as Zoom mountain bike suspension fork? Is a tenner a fair deal?

Rockshox Psylo feel very light in comparison to XC/28 but when you push down on them they move a fair bit then make an odd clunk? I'm guessing these are probably in need of a service? From what I've Googled these are a nightmare to service? / no longer possible to get parts?
The little adjuster at the bottom seems to turn and they seem to get a little stiffer but I really don't know what that bottom adjustment does.

Attachments

• 2012-11-14 22.27.51.jpg
    2012-11-14 22.27.51.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,353
Those XC28's are entry level forks so will have pretty unsophisticated damping and rebound control. I also think the stanchions will be steel hence the weight.

I had a pair of those Psylos a while back and if I remember correctly, there's not much to them. Not sure what that clunk means, but getting a professional service from the likes of TFT will probably cost more than the forks are worth. If I'm honest, I didn't think the forks were very good...one of my memories of them was a huge amount of flex.

Thanks guys will take apart the Psylo's and see what's if they are ok. Otherwise will chuck there or XC28's onto the station hack.

Latest posts

Back