Lowering r/s domains adive

jimmylad

Retro Guru
Hi all.

I have a set of last years domains and need/want to lower the ride height from 180 to maybe 140. Now one option is to hack the spring down with a saw and fit some bushes under the top out spring but I'd rather do it different.
So... does any one know if any of the other r/shock inners will fit the left leg and drop the ride height to something more in line with what I want? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

J

I dont know about the fork specifically but if your going to 140 you will be carrying extra weight for no real reason unless of course you really need the strength.

Hey cyfa. Yeah I know I'm carrying extra weight, but the main reasons for not wanting to change the forks are:
a) they looks so nice ( they still haven't done more than one mile since new!).
b) they where essentially a gift and so the idea of replacing them/swapping them is something I'm not happy with (ethics and all that).
c) I'd like some marz' super-t's, but finding a set of them in silver with silver stantions (I forget what year, maybe 2003?) is very difficult. They had 170mm travel but have a much lower ride height.
d) the bike they are on ( a full bounce) I'm running a slightly shorter shock (5mm less i2i) than what it should have so that makes the front naturally more slack than it would be.
e) probably most importantly, I don't have any spare money at the moment so having to make do with what I have.

Think I'll end up having to do some improvised surgery on the internals to get them lower.

Safe trails

short of chopping the spring and adding spacers the only other RS forks with the similar chassis size, and spring diameters are Lyriks, whihc were also 160mm+ forks.

but....

Domains did/do come in a u-turn variant with adjustable travel between about 110 and 160mm I think...

you could look for the u-turn inners and they should be a drop in replacement on the spring leg.

Latest posts

Back