HUBS ( Modern ) KING or Wood

Scarecrow

Dirt Disciple
i leave for Kuala Lumpur to work in a couple of weeks and have discovered that i can take a bike with me ..... i need a new front wheel and have narrowed it down to two hubs .... Chris King or Phil Wood .... expensive i know - but i want them to last 'till i get home as i have no idea if there's a bike "scene" over there ..... anyone got any opinion / experience of these two ?

I have both. Both are beautiful to behold. The Phil hubs are now 28 years old and still on original bearings that are butter smooth with no play. They also look easier to change when the day comes. Nuff said. Go for the Phil's.

Plenty of biking in SE Asia, Singapore has gorgeous bikes and a nice high-end scene!

While it's a niche actvity in Malaysia, there tends to be a lot less of the midrange and high-end is definitely around and obtainable. With lower taxation it's more affordable than the UK too...

I am sure there's at least one active member on here who is based in Singapore. Not sure of his name, but remember he posted on the "what I did today thread" last week. Might be nice hooking up

Cheers, Giel

Giel":c6n21lk8 said:
I am sure there's at least one active member on here who is based in Singapore. Not sure of his name, but remember he posted on the "what I did today thread" last week. Might be nice hooking up

Cheers, Giel

His name is 'sidekick416' I think :)

CK easily available in Singapore.

I haven't seen any Phil Wood but I haven't looked for them, either.

However, as the good Doctor mentions above, both are very hardy.

I'd be surprised if you can't get CK in Kuala Lumpur.

Or get some XTs ... made in Malaysia!

The kings on the P20 have been going for 12yrs, never really touched them.
The disc hubs on the yeti are about 10yrs old, I have replaced an axle in the rear one, but it's had a lot of stick

Latest posts

Back