PowerBulge Rock Shox SID

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Trying to find out if RS released the latest generation of SID for V brake? Google didn't return anything other than CRC and Wiggle adverts..

Merlin Cycles gave me the best info that they can send the forks to an RS tech centre to have v brake lower legs swapped with the normal disc only lowers. However with all the costs involved plus the forks even if a lower end SID you'd still be looking at £500+ .... I'm sure there will be someone that may say different but thats what I found relatively easily.
Also found a far east company that could get them for just over £300 delivered but wait was up to 2 months (plus you can prob add duty & VAT to that price once they land in the UK).

In the end I've settled for a set of 2012 model Mugura Menjas. Readily available, V & disc mounts, 85mm travel and a little over £300 so will see how they compare to the SID's on one of my other bikes.

Cheers.
Alex.

Beavis on here had some 2010 sid's with V's and power bulge.
He sold them on to AndyB, cracking forks, very plush. Think he got them from On One.

giant-one":1oz54ezw said:
Beavis on here had some 2010 sid's with V's and power bulge.
He sold them on to AndyB, cracking forks, very plush. Think he got them from On One.

My 09's with powerbulge came from on one :D

If you want an exact date look in the casting webs in the back of the brace and you will see the year of manufacture :D

WD :D

Back