Yellow GT Zaskar

Ah yeah ok then....as the seller states "limited edition....colour very color. Gee I wonder why the color's so rare??? He's showing 1997 model year decals and the only colors in 97 were ball burnished and red frost ano....so it's either a rare spray bomb version or it's visited the local powder coaters. Mango was a color in what 99 but then it would have a machined head clamp so this one's got to be a repaint. Which i guess then qualifies it as very rare in the eyes of the holder.

re rare colour

The presumption is that seller has had frame resprayed and trying to pull a fast one.

Perhaps he bought it already sprayed? He may not know any better. Not everyone (myself included ) is a Zaskar expert.

Questions are, is it a Zaskar ? and is the reserve set at a realistic price?

Not my colour, but to each his own.

gm1230126":3kq6qlfa said:
Ah yeah ok then....as the seller states "limited edition....colour very color. Gee I wonder why the color's so rare??? He's showing 1997 model year decals and the only colors in 97 were ball burnished and red frost ano....so it's either a rare spray bomb version or it's visited the local powder coaters. Mango was a color in what 99 but then it would have a machined head clamp so this one's got to be a repaint. Which i guess then qualifies it as very rare in the eyes of the holder.

Impressive. Now I know who to ask before I buy a GT. I would feel like Ronald MacDonald on that bike.

sandmangts":g52sobol said:
gm1230126":g52sobol said:

Impressive. Now I know who to ask before I buy a GT. I would feel like Ronald MacDonald on that bike.

Feel! :?: I'd say more like look :cool:

right guys.... I actually won the auction on this bike last night.

Now, it has a flat end cap on top tube.

What else do I need to check ?

right.

6061 definitely present on dropouts, as is "0797" so i guess it's a 1997 frame built in July?

That with the flat ended top tube - is this deinitely a Zaskar? It's not had a respray.

Back