BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Denton-o ... 5d5cfd125f

$_57.JPG

got excited for a while, then read up more on Denton cycles, I remember team hot pies and thought i'd found a gem, but upon closer inspection and reading the brands they sold.

1-1/8 headtube
ahead!
and checkout those rear dropouts....

is it me, or what do you see ;)

RBG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
one-eyed_jim":6i5l6no5 said:
Marin with a Denton paint job, innit.
On the nose, circa 95 Bv ish............... woulda loved a team hot pies denton :cool:

RBG

Re:

My favourite bike shop as a wee lad,it was how i got into this mountain biking malarkey.
It's an intriguing frame,the lads gonna find the serial number and i'm going to try and pass it onto someone who worked there at the original shop to see if any history can be found on it.

Rampage":3let3noj said:
Is it a Marin?

Not sure,plus i've never owned a Marin before so not really sure what i should be looking for. I just had to have it because of it being a Denton Cycles bike,my 2nd home as kid. The seller never got back with the serial number,so wasn't able to find out any history of it either. The toptube has got a Tange prestige ting to it when you flick it and the drop outs are funny looking,not something i've seen before.

Attachments

• IMAG1357_1.jpg
    IMAG1357_1.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 556
Re:

As has been mentioned above, those are marin droputs:

5378999663_10176358b3.jpg

Most decent bike shops used to send frames off for resprays and in the absence of correct decals, or to promote their own shop, used to put their decals on. I've owned a Geoff Butler Cinelli and a Pearsons Trek in the past

Re: Re:

pete_mcc":6r38q3ba said:
As has been mentioned above, those are marin droputs:

5378999663_10176358b3.jpg

Most decent bike shops used to send frames off for resprays and in the absence of correct decals, or to promote their own shop, used to put their decals on. I've owned a Geoff Butler Cinelli and a Pearsons Trek in the past

That makes sense then,any ideas how you can tell the age of a Marin and what sort of model it could be,it's not particularly heavy but certainly not race light.

Edit: just done the crude way of measuring the weight,ie stand on the scales,then do the same with the bike. The weight was 7lbs or 3.1kg

Edit:maybe a 95 Pine Mountain,looks similar to the one in the catalogue.

Latest posts

Back