1999 Orange Clockwork - Completely Original!

thegreg

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys,

This is my first post and I'm sorry it's in the for sale section - I only discovered this great forum trying to find a bit more info about the bike in question!

I've owned this since about 2001 and have used it very little in that time, as can be seen from the pics. This must be as original as one can be found, aside from one or two consumables it's how it left the Orange factory. The saddle, seat post, steerer, handlebars, grips(!) have never been changed from the Orange components. EVEN THE TYRES ARE ORIGINAL!

The 19" frame was great when I was 14 years old, but as much as I'd love to keep it for nostalgia, at 6'4" it's just too small for me :cry:

Condition is fantastic, the frame has only the smallest imperfections - mainly the 'Clockwork' graphics rubbing off as I don't think they were lacquered over in those days. The Manitou forks again have a little peeling of the graphics.

I won't list all the specs as you can probably work it out from the pics.

The Avid brakes and 21 speed Shimano gearset still work great, nice and smooth through all the gears. The wheels run true and have minimal brake wear on the rims.

It's light, handles great and looks awesome (the pics really don't do the green justice, it's far more vivid in the flesh). It's just a shame its too small for me. Nothing is worn out or in need of replacement - great retro bike ready to ride ;)

Collection only please from Rossendale, Lancashire.

Any questions please email me.

£200

Thanks,

Greg :mrgreen:

Wow that looks great! Welcome to retrobike too - have a look round at some other similar bikes for price but be careful before you know it you will be hooked ! I think £200 seems fair to me.

It should really be in the 1998 onwards for sale section though, sure when its in the right section things should pick up then.

All the best with the sale

Nice bike, might be missing sales as you've put it in the pre 97 section? Might help your sale if you ask a mod to put it in the 1998 onwards section as dyson mentions

Re:

Wow that is nice!
Original tyres... didnt you do skids at 14???

If only i had the space, time and money for another bike :facepalm:

Re:

Also you say its too small have you tried moving the seat backwards on the rails? Its way forward which would make it more cramped.

I could probably ride that and I'm 6'3. I find my 20" a bit big sometimes...

Back