A frame for virtually every occassion...

Looks like a frame built as a demo with everything on it, sort of showcase? Bitd we had frames built as demo's about ten inches tall.

Shaun

Everything on it for sure Shaun. What's the purpose of the plate in the seat stays? why not use a standard brake bridge?
The lug-work around the rear dropouts is different, like that part in particular.
Seen those mini frames, they go for serious cash these days.
You should pop round and ogle it Ollie, see if its as mad-cap in the flesh!

I might have to ! Not been in a while, my friend got a nice Joe Waugh from them a while back. Some nice bikes there.

I'm in Newcastle on Monday :)

Cheap frames used to use plates to hold brakes and racks, Puch for one, not sure of the purpose here. Likewise the sleeves adjacent to the dropouts.

I wish I had done a runner with some if those mini frames kicking about in the reps cars and at shows. Nice addition to the pension lol

Shaun

There's a pleasantly good upsurge in these recycle a bike places. Really good one in Bristol, and as shown with this frame that it's just old knackers from house clearances, there's some interesting and decent quality stuff to be had.

Think one of you needs to go in and get some photos!

Yeah seen the utilitarian stuff, can't fathom why it's on this frame - then again I can't fathom it full stop!

Hindsight is a mother....... - you'd not of saved it for a rainy day though Shaun, cash in & you'd be knee deep in 70's Dura Ace :D

Interesting stuff there one-eyed jim - some decent parallels to be had and perhaps an inkling towards it's origin?

Reminds me of this for some reason. There is an Overbury's floating around the RB archives with some trick brake setup

2015-TRP-TTV-direct-mount-aero-road-bike-brakes01.jpg

Back