Mystery 90s bike with CS serial currently £37...possibly worth seeing just for the description... (near Plymouth)

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
The description reads like the seller was very high when they wrote it, which they quite possibly were. Some decent bits on here, and the frame looks reasonable. Not sure about that fork angle, though? But this is mainly about that description...

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Description needs preserving for posterity

listed as not working as currently has no brakes and no front derailleur and is being sold without pedals. Campagnolo. Rides great though. Featuring the rare Campagnolo triple ring Olympus. chain set 48/36/26T. I don’t know what I’m on about or what the frame is - the serial number stamped under the bb shell is CS9612 3698. I went on a big bike ride once from Milan to Barcelona, 800 odd miles. Fun but a bit much really. Hot knees. I don’t know much about bikes - borrowed one for that stretch - but my riding buddies said Campagnolo a lot on the trip. It’s a nice word. I remembered it easily. And they always said it about something they held in high regard. Or wanted. I bought this bike from the dump for £8 the other day. The dude wanted £10 but I haggled him. There’s one guy work there who’s crazy - always kicking off about wrong junk in the wrong skip. He has to wear a body camera - all red in the face all the time with bulgy eyes - I avoid him. It wasn’t him. It says Campagnolo all over it - headset, cranks, hubs, quick release jangles. and the handle bars look nice too. Lovely bit of engraving they are French and seem to be listed for a few quid on here. Guid is the brand. When I found the bike and saw all the Campagnolos all over it - I thought I was gonna be rich. Txted the boys and everything. The cassette is a Sachs LY95 - also French - made in France 14 16 18 20 22 24 26. The bike has been outside so does have little bits of rust on but I’ve cleaned her up pretty good - including shaking chain in jar of spirit vinegar for 48hrs - and other handy YouTube derived tips like credit card and wet wipes to get between the cogs. I’ve really gone the extra mile. Got her up on the old orange thunder rolling road for the first pic - she was screaming. The reason I haggled two pound off was because the rear cones were loose. When I took the hub apart the axle was broke - but I bought a used Campagnolo one off here so the broken Campagnolo one is no problem now. The gear shifters engage very satisfyingly - real nice solid definite clicks. The rear gears work wizard good. It is sold with no pedals - I put my BMX ones on there for the photos so it looked cooler. I’m tall, It fits me okay I reckon. Frame size is: top tube 58cm, seat tube 59cm, head tube 15.5.cm. Seatpost looks good - micro adjust and kicked back at the top. Fast looking seat. Rims are also French, not compagnolo though - Rigida France alloy 700c 36h flame-speed-blood-splatter red. Tyres are Michelin Dynamics - also sounds French. Very continental sounding push bike. Unfinished project by someone round my way. Possibly a Frenchman - or one who likes France and Italy. Kickin off Sweet mid-90s vibes either way. He’s got the hole shot. High zoot action. It’s January and I’m skint. If someone wants a nearly there project to get smart for the summer you should buy it. After the axle purchase it owes me £20 all in. I’ll list it with a reserve of £30 as I did spend an afternoon cleaning it - and a grand don’t come for free dammit. (Edit - turns out I can’t set that below a bullseye - so fingers crossed eh). And I’ll put the postage high as don’t wanna get stung there. Any questions just ask - I won’t know but can google it or make something up. Kmc chain. Rear derailleur really letting the side down - she’s a performance motorcycle and should ditch the sidecar. The bike rides great - fast and smooth. Supplied with No punctures or brakes or pedals. Campagnolo. Hoping that Speculating on how much it’ll sell for will provide a bit of excitement while it’s dark and cold out. Nice looking whip - the Blink-182 of roadbikes. Pathetic. Dammit. Boring. Hello there.

The whole thing is a joy -

" I went on a big bike ride once from Milan to Barcelona, 800 odd miles. Fun but a bit much really. Hot knees."

"There’s one guy work there who’s crazy - always kicking off about wrong junk in the wrong skip. He has to wear a body camera - all red in the face all the time with bulgy eyes - I avoid him. It wasn’t him."

Back