Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:19 pm 
Retro Guru

ti_pin_man wrote:
tim75 wrote:
ti_pin_man wrote:
ahhh tis the time of year for the sound of brake blocks rubbing full of damp leaves and mud.

Does that mean you might come along?!

maybe, a pass is like a Brexit negotiation, three daughters and mrs to sign the ti_pin-exit. :(

OK well good luck, would be good if you can make it. You could always go for no deal and just come anyway.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:21 pm 
Section Moderator & South West AEC

hey guys,

went to ride swinley today, there are 2 sections that are currently closed, don't know if that means they'll still be closed in a few weeks though, they were out there today doing trail maintenance so maybe it'll be sorted by the 1st. but even if they are the guts of the trail is open, the bit that's closed (if you know swinley) is the fun downhill section before the gravel climb to the start of what is considered the downhill section if that makes sense, the other bit is the lead to and downhill that is towards the end of the red section.

generally it was riding well, lots of puddles but the ground underneath was still hard so plenty of grip. defo need crud guards though and a change of clothes to drive home in!

truth be told i won't be riding retro if i can make it as i can't cope with a retro position currently with a bit of a dodgy back.

:)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:15 am 
Retro Guru

jonnyboy666 wrote:
hey guys,

went to ride swinley today, there are 2 sections that are currently closed, don't know if that means they'll still be closed in a few weeks though, they were out there today doing trail maintenance so maybe it'll be sorted by the 1st. but even if they are the guts of the trail is open, the bit that's closed (if you know swinley) is the fun downhill section before the gravel climb to the start of what is considered the downhill section if that makes sense, the other bit is the lead to and downhill that is towards the end of the red section.

generally it was riding well, lots of puddles but the ground underneath was still hard so plenty of grip. defo need crud guards though and a change of clothes to drive home in!

truth be told i won't be riding retro if i can make it as i can't cope with a retro position currently with a bit of a dodgy back.

:)

So you think it's still worth riding then, even if there are a couple of closed sections?

Retro bikes and dodgy backs don't mix very well, I've had that quite a lot the past few years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 pm 
Old School Grand Master

I went earlier this year in the spring and the same 2 sections were closed. There's still plenty to ride and considering the weather challenges, it's probably a little better on our older equipment!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:58 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

Smugards?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:23 am 

tim75 wrote:

So you think it's still worth riding then, even if there are a couple of closed sections?

definitely, randomly i spoke to a local swinley rider today, he said the sections were supposed to be closed this week and next week for trail repair but should be back open again soon, hopefully for when we go.

i'd still be happy to ride with these sections closed, doesn't massively reduce the length of the ride as they have detours in place, which were both gravel tracks but i can live with that.

what time were you thinking of starting the ride?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:01 pm 
Retro Guru

jonnyboy666 wrote:
tim75 wrote:

definitely, randomly i spoke to a local swinley rider today, he said the sections were supposed to be closed this week and next week for trail repair but should be back open again soon, hopefully for when we go.

i'd still be happy to ride with these sections closed, doesn't massively reduce the length of the ride as they have detours in place, which were both gravel tracks but i can live with that.

what time were you thinking of starting the ride?

Ok good, 10am at the bike shop.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:57 pm 
Retro Guru

Looking forward to it! Haven’t been on a bike for a while as just lost the mojo a bit, but have been mountain biking without the bike bit. Is good fun and less to clean afterwards. Hope my legs hold up with all the pedalling.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 pm 
Retro Guru

Stodgy wrote:
Looking forward to it! Haven’t been on a bike for a while as just lost the mojo a bit, but have been mountain biking without the bike bit. Is good fun and less to clean afterwards. Hope my legs hold up with all the pedalling.

That's the spirit!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:26 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

Is this still on? I may have a +1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next