SW - Jimbos Woodbury Common retro ride - Sun 13th April 14

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just starting a new thread for it here >>>

jimbo-xc":3uv8e28h said:
How about 13th April then? Meet at Four Firs car park 10.00 for 10.30 start.
Can lead a 2 hour loop with much single track. Just did the loop this morning & was shown, & rode some of, the "mini Afan" section. Didn't know it was there, I need to get more practice, some of it a bit hairy for me but there are easier runs. Don't worry too much about your fitness guys, these rides are conducted at recreational pace if I'm in front.

jimbo-xc":3uv8e28h said:
Well, why don't we just stick to 13th April & see what happens? If no-one turns up I'll do a loop anyway! Got to give Tiboltrider the bit of M900 I've been owing for months.
10.15 for 10.30 start @ Four Firs car park. Approx 2 hour loop with plenty single track. Might bring cakes for after.

I'll pm as many SW riders as I can shortly! Looking forward to the cakes :cool:

Re:

I think I'm up for this. I'll confess I've only ridden one of my mountain bikes once this year (earlier Jan and only on the road) as I've been riding a road bike to get myself into shape for the Exmoor Beauty Challenge at the end of April :oops:

Re:

I would love to make this but since taking a new job I now have to work weekends during the day :cry:

Jimbo I will have to give you a nudge regarding some evening rides maybe or during the day either on a Monday or Tuesday :cool:

Have a good one boys.

Re:

Having narrowly escaped having to work on Sunday, now looks as if I'll be expected to play happy families instead... :facepalm:

Will be in the area over Easter staying with friends so I'll see if I can't get the bike in the back then, may be one or two of you will be out and about... :D

I should be able to make it but may be on a tight schedule as have Mums birthday thing in the afternoon so might have to make a quick exit!

Re:

I rode an mtb for the 2nd time this year yesterday so will happily be the back marker and make a quick exit also! :oops: :LOL:

Re:

BTW clockwork, I'm off from 17th to 22nd so if you fancy a spin round Woodbury or Haldon and are staying nearby then give me a shout

Re: Re:

amedias":rjq4echs said:
BTW clockwork, I'm off from 17th to 22nd so if you fancy a spin round Woodbury or Haldon and are staying nearby then give me a shout

Thanks Amedias, I'll bear that in mind!! :D

Re: should be a few of us then...

I've been feeling a bit crap for 3 days (over-doing it maybe) so we'll be fighting to go at the back! Thought we'd do the single-tracky bits all around the edge + mini Afan then see how we feel.

Back