90's marin wanted

shambles99

Retro Newbie
Hi

I'm new to the forum, i'm looking to buy an early 90's marin. Anyone know if i'm likely to find one in decent condition?.

I see a '91 muirwood on gumtree for £120 in my area, is this a reaonable price.

Cheers

Early 90's Marins have nice quality steel frames :) I am not biased, not even a little ... :LOL:

If you buy a 90 model get a bear valley or above as they share the same angles and the longer top tube - not sure where the geo change was on later years.

If you come across a 1" threaded spinner x marin fork - let me know !

WD :)

I'm with WD Pro on this one bear valley or above in the 90's Marin and Kona for steel Cannondale and Klien for Aluminium I've had most of the 90's steel marins over the years the better ones are definately bear valley or above, I've still got a pine mountain myself amongst others I've also got 2 eldridge grade frame sets what size are you after?

hey,

thanks for your replys guys. I'm well behind on bike knowledge as i haven't had one for many years, but i'm starting to pick up bits and pieces thanks to this website!

I'm about 5'11'' tall so prob after a 19" or 20".

thanks

It's all personal preference but I'd say 17-18" I'm 6'2" and ride an 18' frame when you're mountain biking you want a couple of inches clearance between your nuts and the crossbar

A '93 muirwoods, my first proper mountain bike good bike for the money I think I paid £399 new in '93. It weighs 28 pounds and is has crap equiptment does have afterburner stays with those signature dropouts.

Depends what you're looking for really I'm still with WD Pro on the frame choice if you're going to build something cool to keep use a bear valley of above no point building up a cool bike on a heavy frame when for the same sort of money you'll find good one.

Having said all that as it's £16 and only has 3 hours left if you've only got a tiny budget then you could do worse

hi

thanks the bike looks smart but i think i've found a bear valley that fits into my budget. My mate might be interested in the lava dome if it's still for sale, if you can give me some details i'll forward them on.

cheers

Latest posts

Back