90's marin wanted

shambles99":j1zwrsps said:
Hi

I'm new to the forum, i'm looking to buy an early 90's marin. Anyone know if i'm likely to find one in decent condition?.

I see a '91 muirwood on gumtree for £120 in my area, is this a reaonable price.

Cheers

I'm not really your area, I live nr Wokingham, Berks. I was going to list an old Marin on here and saw your post.

I used to have a team marin but that had pink forks and this has orange but I remember years ago the stickers where pealing on the name so I pulled off. It's so long ago, it may have been a pine mountain, it's circa 90-92 ish, it has that rough gray finish on the frame.

The dad of a friend of mine started the Middleburn parts co, he's an engineer. Anyway, although the parts are old it is kitted with loads of middleburn, crank, hubs etc, mavic rims.

It's not a mint, concourse example but may be of interest?

Cheers

Frank

marin

forgot to mention i have an 18 inch muirwoods from around 1993 frame forks headset and bb only..

hi frank,

Thanks for your reply I think i've sorted a bear valley now but I would still like to see any pic's if you've got some?, just in case it doesn't work out. How much was you looking for?. I think the marin with the orange forks was maybe the eldridge valley?. If it is my mate may well be interested as he had one when we was at school.

cheers
Rob

HI hurin76,

At the moment i'm just looking at complete bikes as need it asap. Did you see my message about the Kona? my mate is showing some interest if you've still got it?. the lava dome i mean :D

Cheers
Rob

shambles99":13ovwept said:
hi frank,

Thanks for your reply I think i've sorted a bear valley now but I would still like to see any pic's if you've got some?, just in case it doesn't work out. How much was you looking for?. I think the marin with the orange forks was maybe the eldridge valley?. If it is my mate may well be interested as he had one when we was at school.

cheers
Rob

Hi Rob, Yes it might be an eldridge, I just googled and found an image of one on this forum. I also thought the pine mountain had orange forks, but the eldridge pic on here is def like it, I must have pulled the name stickers off 15yrs ago so it's all a bit vague now. All the other frame sticker are present, it was just the names that were peeling.

I'm not sure how much to ask to be honest. I'll get some pic sorted tomorrow.

I've posted pics of my Marin in a post in the sale section. Please get in touch if interested.

Cheers

Frank

Back