Syncros seatpost parts needed

Bri957cc

Old School Hero
I'm missing some parts from a Syncros seatpost.

Grateful if anyone can advise on:

A) what's missing (I think the rocker and brass washers)
B) if they have the parts I need.
C) which version this seatpost is, as I understand there are a few different types.

Cheers Bri

Re:

Hi,

you are missing the copper rings and the bottom "holder"/cup

syncros-1993-catalogue-page-11-12.jpg

The clamp used on this titanium model is usually refered to as "second generation". However, there is no titanium post, that is earlier. Only the aluminium posts are available in earlier versions:
First generation 1989 - 1991
Second Generation 1992 - 1993
Third Generation 1994 - 1997 (or 9:cool:
Forth generation 1998 (or 99)

From left to right:
P1020037.JPG

Re:

'second gen' was 1991 to 1993 model years.

Also as this is silver it's probably the cheaper and heavier 6061 OEM part that came on some bikes early on. Available to the public 1997ish (?)

I may be a later 7071 silver part from late 90's (?) with the wrong head but I think they are of the GT era design (~99+)
I have lowers with no heads, nobody ever ebays the heads/clamps

So typically with the label printed on the back you would think this is 2nd gen. but what is throwing me is that the head is clearly 3rd gen. You can tell because the front bolt hole is not elongated to allow the bolts to pivot. Also the underside where the bolt head seats is flat like the third gen. This indicates you are only missing one washer and that you should be using the third gen hardware.

I also have a silver alloy post like this with the same 2nd gen hardware. I'll try and remember to check tonight to see if it has the same head like this paired with the 2nd gen hardware. Maybe they were getting ride of the inferior old hardware stock on these OEM posts. I intend to use one on a build I am doing despite is being considered a 2nd class syncros, unless I find a long 27.0 ti post for dirt cheep ;)

Back