Small Kona frame wanted....

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Not very likely I know, but still hanker after all the Konas I let go, and am about to move again to a hilly area, thinking of making a tourer/MTB/cross over bike. Needs to be steel.

Anyone got a 16" (or possibly 14") Kona steel frame for sale...?? I am totally skint due to not being able to work at the mo, so also have swaps rather than cash if needed, including the '97 alu Spesh RockHopper frame I was working on, a Rudge Pathfinder frame from the 40's/50's with a bit of a bend in one seat stay, and a Sunn Notion which in all honesty I won't get round to building up. Plus a single speed set up, seat posts, stems, bars, etc.... :cool:

Re:

I have your old Kona (a tiny resprayed grey-ish one), about two years back.
Part built it up, but before I finished it my son had outgrown it already.

Will need to check on it as it's been hanging up for a while now.

Re:

Aha, yes I remember it! Got a sneaky feeling that it was a 1" headtube though, and that was why I let it go in the end...?? Really need 1 1/8" as that is what i have to build it up with...

I know of a 1991 Lava dome 17" (centre to top) going on Facebook for £110? That's for a full bike.

Re:

Yep, it's just down the road from me at the mo, I have been chatting to him today about it! :LOL:

I really just need a frame, nothing else, and the guy wasn't keen on my offer for frame only. I don't have the time or energy to split a bike and be left with all the bits to sell on, nothing ever seems to shift when you need it to!

Re:

I've got a Hahaana. Think it's a 14 or 15. Only want postage, but can deliver or you can collect if near

Re:

Oooh, sounds good. I was hoping for something higher up the range but there just isn't anything about at the mo. I'm in Wiltshire, but happy to pay postage and any other costs. Could you PM me a pic or two, please? Thanks!

Re:

Did you get sorted? I have a steel 92ish Rockhopper frame and fork in a small size, usual scrapes etc. no serious rust, going for cheap. Like this only it's been used:
file.php

Back