Carron Valley 2011-11-07: Aftermath

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Got there just after 10.30, with Kaiser and Velo already in attendance. Some pre-ride chat and purchasing of forks (nachos gratias Kaiser) followed.

Unfortunately, while Special K had 3 spare sets of forks, he managed to forget his seatpost and seat, so a quick scoot back to Falkirk to sort out a temporary throne for our glorious leader. Bottom suitably supported, and an hour later than billed, myself, Radek, Velo and Kaiser hit the trails.

A beautiful late Autumn day. Sunny, clear and cold. We climbed up to the top of Eas Dubh, stopped for a blether and more photoes.

IM003503.JPG

IM003504.JPG

IM003505.JPG

IM003508.JPG

IM003510.JPG

IM003511.JPG

The resurfaced trail flows really well, a few wee jumps in there as well. We stopped at the (now) totally tame Kelpie's staircase so Kaiser could have another go on the last jump.

IM003512.JPG

Unfortunately, the call of the kelpies in the drainage ditch to the right was too much for him, and over and in he went. No photoes unfortunately, happily no damage either.

Down into the tight, rocky woods section...

IM003513.JPG

IM003514.JPG

IM003515.JPG

Radek had a puncture near the top, so we cycled back up the trail to check on him... flows pretty good in either direction :)

Another loop of Eas Dubh, then down on to the Cannonball Run after a quick chat with a super hard n fast cyclo x type (too hardcore for Haribo!)... he even managed to give Velo some back brake setup advice.

A burl round the huge berm, then fire road up to the Runway. Again, this is really nice now that it's been resurfaced. Very fast and smooth, and plenty of opportunity for air if that's your bag (certainly no mine). One last haul up the fire road for another go of the Runway, a flat tyre for Kaiser, then back to the cars and convoy to Falkirk for a cup of coffee and biscuit or 8.

Great day, just what I needed!

crackin write up and some cool pics too very jealous lads wish I had been there if only to smile take pictures and wise crack at kaiser, as he did when I fell off :LOL:

love your cheerful tires to Velo, no pics of you ZZ what were you riding?

Took the Mary Gazz, like I said in the car park this morning ' fed up falling off old bikes '... And anyway, bit of front sus makes the Runway a bit easier.

It did look like a sair one for K, was still moving pretty fast when he hit the ditch, he came to a pretty abrupt stop (no chance to roll and dissipate any of the energy). The bike also spun round and clocked him on the helmet, but he sat up sharpish and seemed to be making the usual amount of sense...

I think K got some good pics, looking forward to seeing them.

zigzag":3k2faflz said:
Took the Mary Gazz, like I said in the car park this morning ' fed up falling off old bikes '... And anyway, bit of front sus makes the Runway a bit easier.

think there is a huge amount of common sense in that statement at least for some trails anyway.

If Mr K cannae ride again he will always have the canoe ;)

Fantastic day, weather good and I was in the 'zone' again, climbing like a demon

Kelpie staircase totally and utterly ruined, you could ride it on a shopper bike. However the wee jump before the staircasr got Kaiser big time, he jumped, he landed it too much to one side, locked up the brakes and straight over the bars, bike then whacked him in the back of the head with rear wheel He was OK though

The Runway though is one amazing fast flowing banked roller coaster now though so we did it twice. Not great on a rigid because at speed you dont always spot the chicken run around the jumps and drop offs. I was much more conservative on my second run. Kaiser got a rear blowout right at the end but its only a short walk to the carpark from there.

If bad luck comes in threes Kaiser had it today. Upon arrival he discovered he'd forgotten his seatpost but ZZ shot off home to his hoose for a substitute. Then there was Kaisers crash and then his tyre blowout. He should rush out and buy a lottery ticket

Then we all convoyed back to ZZ's for coffee and biscuits. Nice hoose, cant figure why he wants to sell up

Great day all round

All was said already, just want to add my 5 cent to topic :D A cracking day, bit cold but I've warmed up on uphills.

Sounded like a great day other than kaiser's off, would have loved to have been there. Shame about the staircase, runway sound good though.

Very stiff noo and I mean my shoulder! Can't seem to get the pics uploaded at the mo but I'll persevere. Nice day out, the disapointment of the staircase was lightened by the runway :D lots of fun!

Back