And today I did......

Re:

clubby":12bc0nmr said:
Three hours p!ssing about up Kinnoull hill. No mileage goals, no Strava chasing, just riding a bike for the fun of it.
Typical, feeling great on the bike just as winter coming. Not fit, but full of confidence, riding stuff I’d normally bottle. Suspension tuning by Flotec has turned a good bike into an amazing bike.

Roll on springtime.

Good to hear it Clubby :D

I dont know about anyone else but I prefer cycling in winter.

You're not going to overheat(I overheat i feel sick) Snow about makes it all clean looking and at night theres few about so you can potter(Usually trying to stay upright :LOL:

dyna-ti":3n4p0r45 said:

You're not going to overheat(I overheat i feel sick) Snow about makes it all clean looking and at night theres few about so you can potter(Usually trying to stay upright :LOL:
I agree. You don't have to worry about wearing enough or too little.

Just chuck on the winter gear and go, and there's something refreshing about a snowstorm in your face that you don't get with rain.

Yeah, I don't mind winter at all. I suppose coming from where I do you learn to appreciate the very distinct seasons here.
There is really only a very brief period where it's hard to ride on the road and off road we have the setups available. Pugs and 1X1 for winter with the Trucker for road duties as well as the Big Dummy which suits the winter slow and steady style.
Plus there's always the Puffer :)

Jamie

Had planned on an early ride this morning, but mate asked to change it to afternoon. Started raining as soon as he showed up and stopped just as we finished.
Only a 10 mile local loop, but was still quite fun. Ground still pretty firm, but with an inch deep film of wet leaves to hide all the roots. Glad I was on the plus tyres.
A bit of trail maintenance as well, tidying up the branches on a fallen tree. Stabbed my knee on them the last twice I'd to carry the bike over it. Too big a tree to cut through with my folding saw, but at least there's a nice smooth gap now with the branches gone.

Sods law Clubby, but at least you got out and that's always got to be better than staying in. Plus you did a good bit of safety work :)
Karma may give you a few bright sunny rides for that.

Jamie

Does anyone know about Stanton frames ?

Theres an xl currently up, sized for me.
Only issue are it is 29", which i dont know if it can do 27.5". I did hear many of these 29ers can revert back to 27.5, but id like to know for sure.
Ive forks that would do for a 27.5, but its new built wheels id have to do and , well bit of a quandary on 29 or 27.5. I'd hate to find the 29ers just too much and not dissimilar to a road bike :shock: Ye Gods.

Its cos im 6'3" I just think these bigger wheeled frames are a better proportion for me.
Sick of having well built bikes that are just too small for a 6 footer . Prefer to hang it onto frames i can actually comfortably ride.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanton-Sher ... :rk:2:pf:0

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Don't know anything about Stantons, but I can lend you a pair of 29" wheels built with XM319 rims if you have knobblies and a frame you could try them on?

dyna-ti":1yqbqpvx said:

Love winter for walking & cycling. Got to be better than Zwift!

Today I tried narrow flat bars for the first time (aye, I'm late to the retro-game) so I can get through squeeze gates on my route to work without dismounting. Really like them!

Attachments

• 2001_p7.jpg
    2001_p7.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 620
Re:

They’re not narrow.
Your barrel adjusters for the brakes aren’t even touching! Still plenty of room left to fit bar ends.

Back