Loch Ericht/Ben Alder

Jamiedyer":1fcls45k said:
I think we have all been guilty of that, though most times it is justified.
If I say I will come it is always with the desire to be at that particular ride,though time, distance and finance quite often get in the way.
Theres a lot of rides I would like to come to just for the social side of a fun ride and catching up with everyone but lately its been hard to justify the £60 to £80 in fuel to get to somewhere like Drumlanrig and back for a few hours ride. Its the 6 or 7 hours each way as well, though finance is the main drawback, certainly not a lack of interest.

Jamie

Jamie. I'd say you put most folk to shame with your attendance record considering how far away you are.

Me, I'm just a lazy bastard. :LOL:

firedfromthecircus":2an3bzg9 said:
Jamiedyer":2an3bzg9 said:
I think we have all been guilty of that, though most times it is justified.
If I say I will come it is always with the desire to be at that particular ride,though time, distance and finance quite often get in the way.
Theres a lot of rides I would like to come to just for the social side of a fun ride and catching up with everyone but lately its been hard to justify the £60 to £80 in fuel to get to somewhere like Drumlanrig and back for a few hours ride. Its the 6 or 7 hours each way as well, though finance is the main drawback, certainly not a lack of interest.

Jamie

Jamie. I'd say you put most folk to shame with your attendance record considering how far away you are.

Me, I'm just a lazy bastard. :LOL:

Jamie, hes right BTW :oops:

FFTC yeah your right again you are a lazy bastard :mrgreen:

Ok - this year I'm going back. In/out in a day or bothy trip will be fine. Starts at Dalwhinnie Station .

Lets say May........early May I think.....will look at dates, eat some, regret it for a while as I dinna like them, particularly dislike those daft plastic fork efforts they came with, then get back to you. Basically I can do every other weekend..................

:D

May sounds about right for me as well, not a huge amount besides the SSEC so as long as it's not that weekend I will say a yes for me. Long enough away I can make sure.
Not big on dates so you can keep them for yourself, lash at it Mr P :)

Jamie

Is there room for a slow coach on the trip? - avoiding May the 6th weekend would be good for me. I upgraded my Tesco Panniers so can do a bothy run if that is preferred.

Back