Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re:

ZZ, it's been sneakily raining during the night then sunny during the day here for the last few days.

clubby, the DH on Benarty branches off the track from trig point on summit of Benarty once you cross the wall from hillside into the woods. You turn right after wall following existing footpath/MTB trail, then around 100 meters later the footpath turns round to left but the new DH trail cuts off to right with a built jump shortly after. It continues steeply down through woods to road. There's lots of new stuff been built recently, a lot of hard work has gone in to it with bermed corners and jumps. It then finishes right at the wee lay-by on back road tae Blingri, where the footpath with steps starts for walk up to Benarty. If you came up the climb through Harran Hill Woods from The Meedies but instead of going back down just continue out to Blingri road you'd end up at the wee lay-by.

If you wanted to do it without going all the way to top of Benarty you could just push/ride up the steps then through woods to just before the path turns up to the right to then cross the wall onto hillside.

Edit, because I replied to Keith when it was clubby that asked the question. :facepalm:

Re:

Went into Blairadam this afternoon with my wife and youngest daughter. As ZZ says there's mair mud but it's no as bad as I expected. Not supposed to rain this week, aye right, so might dry oot a bit. Did much the same as last Sunday except the Choc Slide. Met a couple coming up the Renthal Run near the top. Showed them the map and they went to top then came back down again.

ZZ, Keith, remember the dug walking event last Sunday? Well there's loads of wee bags of dug-shite lying aboot, not to mention the unbagged dug-shite.
Stupid, lazy arseholes. There were lots of folk walking dogs today as well. Lots of families with wee bairns walking and riding bikes too, so the dog walkers apparently couldn't give an eff about the mess they leave.
Might go and have a word with the FC guys at Blairadam and ask their opinion.

Re:

It wid have tae be an awfy long stick fer me tae be shit-stirrin tae keep me a far fae it as possible.

You'd think though that an organised event, like last weekends, would at least have people who could give an eff about the mess but naw. Arse.

Jist found out that my wife managed to lose one of the springs from the front Hope quick release on my daughter's bike.
She took the wheel off to put it in the back of car but unscrewed it all the way out till nut fell off :facepalm: the end but didn't bother to tell me. One wee SS spring lost in the grass. :evil: The amount of stuff I have to fix because she has no understanding of anything mechanical. It wid make ye greet.
e14440.gif

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

Keith or any other Fifer, anychance you'd be able to lead a mtb run on Sunday Oct 12 in Fife. I had a run scheduled for that day for MeetUps - Edinburgh Mtb Group/Fife Life Cycles but have had to postpone due to insufficient research time.
There are people keyed up for a run on that day and it'd be a shame to waste it !
Blairmuddum or Trails of Dumfy or whatever.
Cheers

right think I'm ok for the 12th mate (its the weekend before we are out)

so can lead a tour round kelty maybe - will post in edin bikers. You still able to make it across ?

canna make your fields of may on sunday as away through to glesga for still game.

meeting up with Rob for a blast round kelty on sunday afternoon as he's doggin in the morning and I will be recovering from a nicht oot in kirkcaldy.

prob be about 1ish in the carpark if anybody fancies it.

best stay in front of me incase I hurl though as I may be ruff.

Back