rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
**EDIT - December '18 RbotM Christmas Theme Month Winner**

Some of you might have realised that I get a bit bored whilst being forced to wait for stuff… I’ve got three projects on hold at the moment all waiting for bits and doings.

What to do? Start another of course! :D

I caught our Jim pondering his mother’s Halfords Special the other day. I asked him what had him so perplexed? He replied, “how are we gonna do owt with that?” :shock:

“I’m not planning on doing anything with it” I said. “but you told me we were going to build Mum a bike for Christmas, all flamboyant green with gold box work! Like the bike of her dreams…” :mrgreen:

Now before I go any further, we need to wind back the clock to March of this year to our little ‘Father & Son Claud Butler quicky sideshow project’, something we started whilst waiting for the frames and chrome to arrive for the big ‘Father & Son Claud Butler restoration’ .

Mrs Peachy said she thought our daughters Majestique was beautiful, the sort of bike she could only dream of as a child….. so whilst surfing e-bay I spotted this 1955 Ladies’ Sport

She was quickly stripped and sent off to The Donald at Bob Jacksons for a little magic….

But now it's time to get her out of hiding and start the next Father & son build ready for Christmas! :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• 1955 Claud Butler Ladies' Sport Model.jpg
    1955 Claud Butler Ladies' Sport Model.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 3,155
  • Bonderized.jpeg
    Bonderized.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 3,155
  • Reynolds 531.jpeg
    Reynolds 531.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 3,152
  • 531 Forks.jpeg
    531 Forks.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 3,151
  • Ladies' Sports.jpeg
    Ladies' Sports.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 3,152
  • That's more like it.jpeg
    That's more like it.jpeg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3,151
  • Appalling Apollo.jpeg
    Appalling Apollo.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 3,155
Last edited:
Wow what a lovely surprise your wife will get. Love the colour, always been my favourite. Can’t wait to see the finished bike. Great getting your son involved too.

Looking very nice that paint work and loving the box lining.
Wasn't sure about how my Jack Taylor would go at BJs with the box lining but this reassures me that they are the ones to repaint it.
Will definitely be following this build as it progresses.

Jamie

Let’s just hope she doesn’t have a link to this site or thread then...

Nob":zz5v7ky2 said:
Let’s just hope she doesn’t have a link to this site or thread then...

No fear there, and she is aware that our Jim is building something for her and she wouldnt want to spoil the surprise.....
Bonus is whilst I'm "supervising" him, (which he really doesnt need) I can get extra shed time in for my stuff!!!! :p

Re:

Cracking thread this, what a great thing for father & son to do, hope everything goes well guys.. :xmas-big-grin:

The History Man":2f8qhfwh said:
Checking in.
Ta…
Lackluster":2f8qhfwh said:
Wow what a lovely surprise your wife will get. Love the colour, always been my favourite. Can’t wait to see the finished bike. Great getting your son involved to.
Cheers Lacky, the green & gold should look great under the tree! Just imagine her little face full of wonder & joy! (still won’t be allowed in the workshop on Christmas day I bet)
Jamiedyer":2f8qhfwh said:
Looking very nice that paint work and loving the box lining.
Wasn't sure about how my Jack Taylor would go at BJs with the box lining but this reassures me that they are the ones to repaint it.
Will definitely be following this build as it progresses.

Jamie
The box work does look very natural and hand scribed/drawn rather than some stuff I’ve seen that looks too perfect, almost printed.

Graham_hkr":2f8qhfwh said:
Cracking thread this, what a great thing for father & son to do, hope everything goes well guys.. :xmas-big-grin:
Now then Graham, welcome aboard….

So I’ve had a dig around and I’m pretty sure we have all we need, so here it all is laid out for the lad when he gets in from school….. He’s going to want to start with the easy shiny stuff, but the rims need some tin foil and elbow grease first!

Attachments

• Jim's Homework.jpeg
    Jim's Homework.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 3,088
That's going to look proper pretty when it's finished.

I'm not showing our lass, she'll be wanting that sort of finish on the purple mile eater next.

allenh":1150s5p9 said:
That's going to look proper pretty when it's finished.

I'm not showing our lass, she'll be wanting that sort of finish on the purple mile eater next.

Some pink box lining might be just the job! :xmas-big-grin:

Latest posts

Back