Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
My 11 year old son and I are having a lot of fun in another thread working on acouple of CB road racers; viewtopic.php?f=12&t=379996
But, my daughter has recently been heard to make a couple of grumbles, about will she be left behind now on bike rides & "its not fair, I rode with dad first" etc etc...
So Jimmy & I hatched a secret plan for her 14th Birthday. Yup, you guessed it, another Claud Butler, this time a Majestique.
Jim had noticed she liked a few on Instergram, and this one looked like her favourite... (see pic attached)

Attachments

• majestique with wald basket.PNG
    majestique with wald basket.PNG
    130.7 KB · Views: 3,381
We found just the bike about 3 weeks ago on e-bay, some of you may have spotted her and I had noticed she had been re-listed a few times with the price dropping down, just the time to swoop in with a cheeky offer!
I think the problem the seller was having was that although the re-build was of a high standard, it was a little odd... really pretty paint job, but huge bars with mountain bike horns and 21 gears!That's not quite my cup off tea, so the plan is, Jimmy takes offthe offending bits & bats, I buy a few new but more retro styled parts, & Jim puts it all back together again.
Watch this space!

Attachments

• file-3.jpeg
    file-3.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 3,375
  • file1.jpeg
    file1.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 3,375
  • file2.jpeg
    file2.jpeg
    260.2 KB · Views: 3,375
This afternoon's work, the lad's getting the hang of this!

Attachments

• DressRehearsal.jpeg
    DressRehearsal.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 3,357
  • Pedals.jpeg
    Pedals.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 3,357
  • Panier.jpeg
    Panier.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 3,357
  • ChainBreak.jpeg
    ChainBreak.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 3,357
Will those grips work with the bars? Surely hands will be more upright like tennis ‘chopper’ grip?

The History Man":r2331lsw said:
Will those grips work with the bars? Surely hands will be more upright like tennis ‘chopper’ grip?

Not sure, just trying stuff out that's in the bits & bats box, these are from a more modern Claud Butler cruiser. I've got some tan brown tape I might try.

Looking really nice :)
Great to see getting the whole family in on the addiction :) :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3d27xy5c said:
Looking really nice :)
Great to see getting the whole family in on the addiction :) :)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie, managed to really get the whole family out today, all 8 wheels rolling on a "Mothers day ride" I love it, especially when I'm riding at the back watching the gang...

Attachments

• file-2.jpeg
    file-2.jpeg
    242.3 KB · Views: 3,275
That is a great way to celebrate Mothers Day, enjoying a ride.
We have had pouring rain all day today so no ride for us unfortunately. Will make up for it soon though.

Jamie

A few parts arrived in the post today, so Jimmy got his first taste of playing with bottom brackets! first job, off with the very clean and I think un-used Shimano Octolink unit and then in with a refurbished square tapered job I inherited with my '54 Jubilee (where it had no good reason to be) it cleaned up well and with some dry-PTFE spray on the cleaned up threads went into the Majestique's BB tube like it was coming home.
Jim then popped on a new but retro style crank set with some reproduction peddles to finish it off. I know these are cheep and cheerful, but they get the look my daughter wants for now.
One day, once I've found the right donor Majestic/Majestique, i'll fit the original parts including some drop handlebars (and probably an Italian pearl paint finish)

Attachments

• ShineyBits.jpeg
    ShineyBits.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 3,196
  • TaperInstall.jpeg
    TaperInstall.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 3,196
  • BBremoval.jpeg
    BBremoval.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 3,196
One of the things on my Daughters Pinterest/Instagram feed is a Wald basket with the timber in the bottom (like on the bike in the 1st pic) do you know how much these things are? Just look one up on e-bay, but do it sitting down!
So it got me thinking, I was sure I had some American white oak planks around somewhere, left over from a flooring project. So I bought a plain medium sized Wald basket (she's still gonna look for the brand) for a fraction of the price and fitted some trimmed & lacquered planks of oak with some meccano straps donated by Jimmy.
I'm rather pleased with the result (& the cost) What do you think?

Attachments

• Wald.jpeg
    Wald.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 3,126
  • Meccano.jpeg
    Meccano.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 3,126
Back