Frame identification help wanted please !! 531 753 sl ??

Thinkofengland

Retro Newbie
:?: Hello ! I've read countless threads on here over the years but always held back from joining for some reason so apologies for posting straight away, made a quick introduction on the newbie thread, but I have a resprayed frame I'd love to know more about ....
The brake bridge caught my eye at first as I've only seen this style on ' nicer' bikes before. The 'ping' test tells me that it's thin gauge tubing in the order of 531p / 653 but not been able to weigh it yet due to time constraints. The seat tube is smaller than 27.2, bbis English threaded, drop outs are short horizontal and not branded, clearances fairly tight but not TT tight. The BB has 0387 stamped but then also raised up LB-01 which got me excited because that sounds like a riders/ team stamp.
It was purchased as basically a bike sans wheels with some nice campy bits and pieces. It's been resprayed and a modern 531c sticker applied. I live in London, bought the frame up north so I'm guessing its English.
Can anybody help ?!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 932
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    42.6 KB · Views: 932
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 932
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 934
Re: Frame identification help wanted !

Way after my time as I was born in the 1950's but the brakes look nice, are they for sale?

Shaun

Re: Frame identification help wanted !

I'm not selling the frame and didn't intend to sell any parts but as the brakes are the one grey bit they will be going. Didn't mean to advertise anything sorry ,...
And I did some more stripping off of parts and with some rough calculations the frame should weigh in the 2050-2100g area assuming the forks are 750g, its 57x57 so its probably in the 531c range of tubing ( like it says on the sticker lol) so not quite as exotic as it may have been but i'd still like to know the maker and any info about the LB-01 please !

Re:

There are some clues that I can't quite put my finger on, but clearly the 0387 is the original frame number and the LB-01 has been stamped in after spraying and possibly quite recently as there is no evidence of rust which is showing on the cables and elsewhere on the frame.

It looks quality though just looking at the brake bridge, chainstay bridge, seat tube clamp and seatstays. Interesting cable guides on the top tube, similar to those used by Rourke ... and probably many others.

Re:

Thank you for your input there, it was purchased in Crewe so not far from rourke so you could be on to something. However the lb-01 is actually raised not stamped and the paint has worn off from been placed on the ground I presume .
It is strange mix of details though I agree. The top tube guides seem out of sync with the bridges to me.

Back