Unknown frame

PJHD

Retro Newbie
I’m after more information about a frame I have - thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

What I know is from the information in the original advert and what I was told by the seller at the time. I bought it second-hand about ten years ago, but don’t know how old the frame itself is.

It's apparently a 753 frame that was custom made for original owner (according to the seller who was the second owner). The lugged frame has internal top tube cable routing, a chain pip, "fastback" seat stays. The bottom bracket is embossed with “LB-01” which is bottom bracket shell part number as far as I can tell rather than a frame number. There is no frame number visible on underside of bottom bracket or anywhere else. I've not been able to find pictures of 753 frames with all the same features such as the fastback seat stays and the brake bridge design. Apparently it originally had shimano gears (2x9) with bar end shifters but it’s been converted to singlespeed using a chain tensioner. I have no idea if the bullhorn bars are original or added later. The fork is a Reynolds Ouzo carbon - I have no idea if there was ever a matching steel fork for this frame.

I have attached some photos of when it was bought. I've since had it resprayed in dark metalic blue with silver lug lining so if you need me to post more photos of particular bits of the bike don't be surprised if they're of a bike in a different colour!

Does anyone know who might have made this frame?

IMG_2845.JPG IMG_2849.JPG IMG_2851.JPG IMG_2857.JPG

Latest posts

Back