1983 Colnago Mexico

HerrJ

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
So my first post on this forum This is another find I did a couple of days ago. I am not a Colnago expert although I own a few. This colnago mexico is approx. from 1983. Chrome is in a bad condition and the paint too, but it has some nice pantographed parts. Going to fully restore this one and trying to keep it original as possible.

The last owner bought the bike from a former pro in the 80's she didn't know his name but was going to try and find out who it exactly was.

Some pictures:

Re: 1977 Colnago Mexico

Welcome :). Looks like a bike with plenty of battle scars :).

It has a brazed on front mech hanger, under BB cable guides and recessed allen keys for the brakes so might be into the 80's

Shaun

Midlife":30s8hi46 said:
Welcome :). Looks like a bike with plenty of battle scars :).

It has a brazed on front mech hanger, under BB cable guides and recessed allen keys for the brakes so might be into the 80's

Shaun

Yeah you're right. Its definitely an 80's bike and not something from the late 70's. But lets see what the experts on this forum have to say!

Brazed on top tube cable housing holders too. Very unlikely that it's 70s.

Re:

I used to have a 78 Super (in that red as it happens) and the cable guides were routed on the top of the BB. Also that fork wouldn't be original as the 70s ones had a square fork crown rather than sloping.

If you are going to do a faithful resto I'd start looking at pics of them in the mid 80s. Cracking bike BTW and well worth a resto, although prepare yourself for the cost of professional re-chroming :shock:

Re: Re:

LDP":3t0onfj0 said:
I used to have a 78 Super (in that red as it happens) and the cable guides were routed on the top of the BB. Also that fork wouldn't be original as the 70s ones had a square fork crown rather than sloping.

If you are going to do a faithful resto I'd start looking at pics of them in the mid 80s. Cracking bike BTW and well worth a resto, although prepare yourself for the cost of professional re-chroming :shock:

Hi,

Thanx!This is not the first bike i have restored. I have very good contacts so i its not that expensive for me. At the moment i have 10 bikes that are waiting for a full rechrome and a respray. I will open some more topics for these bikes.

Re: Re:

LDP":3nqws8e6 said:
In that case get the head lugs chromed too - always a nice touch on a Colnago ;)

Yeah It is! But i am always sticking to the original colour and the spec how it was delivered to the first owner ;)

Latest posts

Back