Pinarello Montello

Tamandua

Retro Guru
Here's my Pinarello, bought as a frame and built up up last year with mostly Chorus 1st gen. Love this derailleur, the two position adjustment allows for use across a range of speeds, I'm even using it with a 9 speed cassette and it works perfectly. Also need some replacement decals, these are not original and not quite right.

* Updated photos at end of thread !

really nice that, looks a very nice bike to ride. Nice tight clearances as well :)

those scott ??? brake blocks on the front? any good?

Thanks, its really lovely to ride, very responsive but smooth without being overly twitchy. Those are Weinmann pads that came with the calipers, completely dried out though, I'm now running modern cartridge pads and holders after a couple of sketchy descents!

Re:

looks responsive, something about a frame that just looks right - and your montello fits the bill.

dried out pads - not want you want!!

yep, being used to modern brakes on my daily bike its a bit of a shock on this one! Although I have to say monoplaner (and most single pivot calipers) work much better with modern levers. Thinking of putting on ergos which would help a lot!

it's a quandary the ergo's vs DT levers, would be a shame to lose the DT aesthetics but practicality should win the day. Plus 9 speed ergos are readily available, whichever, it's a cracking bike.

Back