Peugeot PX10

SIMONFREESE

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have just obtained this late 60's PX10 from a lovely gentleman that lived a few miles away from me. It was advertised as 'Vintage road bike' enough to get me interested! Unfortunately he is rather ill and is sorting out his things, this was bought back from a trip to the Loire Valley many years ago. He said that the paint was in a state so he repainted it himself, leaving the forks chrome. Nearly all of the original components are still there, I suspect the wheels are later replacements as the hubs are maillard and the rims mavic, which seems different to the original spec from what I can gleam.

I am trying to decide how to proceed with the recommissioning of this rather handsome lightweight, any ideas?

I have plenty of more pictures to come, this is the first installment. So where do I go from here?

I think it looks pretty good as it is. I think nothing more than a clean and polish, oil and adjust, new bar tape, tyres if it needs them and it's done. The saddle looks like it could use a good dose of Proofide or Dubbin, but looks like it has plenty of life left in it.

Re:

hi,

i'd say its a great find and you have the opportunity to re create one of the most iconic
paint jobs .one of my favourites.
bright white//chrome proper decal kit[chequer] really ace !
whether or not you bother to strip to bare metal or prime spray can over etc
replace cable guides with chrome, whatever. its an absolute must be done!
congratulations

Re:

Agreed. Px-10s are well worth doing up. Decals are easy to get. I'll be posting up my "75 LE shortly. Try and take some photos on the weekend.
Tony

Re:

Redrover3, could I ask where your decals are from? I have been looking for the 60s decals, also would love to find a head badge, I suspect that my luck will not run to such a thing!

Thanks for the kind comments above, I've done a thread on this to help spur me on, which I am sure it will, even if looking out of the window at the weather won't!

I'm still thinking about repainting in white...The current colour doesn't exactly say PX10!

Re:

Mine is 1975 so has a decal on the headtube. Still has the original paint and decals. In the past, I've used Velocals from the states. They have been good. Cyclomondo here in Australia can generally match up what you need too.
Tony

hi,apologiese for hijacking this thread. i see now 1977 metal with what looks like clear plastic inserts.metal ones must be hard to find.

Back