Harry hall slx new build

kenster

Retro Guru
Hi folks thought I'd post a pic link to my new steely build. I bought the frame and forks off here at the end if summer then set about removing and treating the rust spots. re-spraying pretty much the whole frame, and re-lacquering it. The idea was to then swap over my campag parts from my olmo. However apart from the wheels (mavic open pros) all the other parts were sourced and upgraded.its a mixture of chorus and record and Athena shifters. Bars and stem are new nitto. I'm really pleased with it, but a couple of things I'd like to do a little better. I have never resprayed a bike before and its not easy to get right.wish I could of kept the white on the top tube.maybe one day! Please make comments (nice please ;-)). Cheers jon

P.s the last 5/6 pics are the whole build completed.I will endeavour to get some better pics at some point, it really does look better in the flesh. This is a fine weather machine and won't be going out in the winter grime.
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/2pqqk0rzn6426cb/o7Mgm_UEGp

That's a belter,right up my street :cool:

How have you done the paint?

Did you strip it and fully repaint?

If so that's very impressive,really like that

Thanks :) , no I didn't fully strip it. Although a number of patches were rubbed back to bare metal. I found spray can paint almost identical then primed and re sprayed. Masking off the frame as I went. I had a really useful space at work to hang the frame up. I also have a mate who has sprayed loads for years who gave me good advice.I'd like to do more re spraying if I could. Cheers jon

Thanks I haven't ridden it since the bars, stem and headset were fitted :-( . Waiting for a fresh crisp winters day. It rides nicely though I have thought about doing the Dartmoor classic on it? But we'll see

It would look good if you had the Athena polished silver 11 speed gruppo on as an idea for the future.

nob was looking at rolling thunders at one point.

cheers Gav glad you've seen it. you finished your new build?

That's a lovely looking machine, nicely finished and that's a quality paint scheme. I'd imagine that it's pretty nimble given the SLX tubeset and nice tight geometry. Interesting concept on minipump storage as well - not seen that done before!

finney thanks wondered what you meant about the pump? thats a fibre rear light not a pump. that goes in my back pocket

Back