1990 Raleigh USA Technium Pro

Lester Luallin

Retro Newbie
About a year ago my Pinarello Record got nicked and I've since been without a proper road rig. I finally got a Scapin with Aelle tubing for $150 but then a week later this got donated to the shop where I work. I've been kicking myself for spending money on the Scapin ever since I got about 15 miles on the Raleigh. Must get other wheels, or at least de-sticker these Bontragers. Could use about 2cm less stem also - other side of bar will get black tape as soon as stem situation is sorted. This loaner saddle will get swapped out for a Charge Spoon at some point.

Raleigh Technium Pro by Lester Luallin, on Flickr

Raleigh Technium by Lester Luallin, on Flickr

Here she is as donated.

Raleigh Technium Pro by Lester Luallin, on Flickr

Here's the Scapin, which I reckon would make a nice rain bike until I put some paint on - the green is all fairly low quality repaint as it is so a strip and paint is in order, I think. Dunno much about it, just assuming Aelle tubing from the 26.8mm seatpost. Has an aluminum fork - harsh ride but clearance for huge tires so I could conceivably mitigate that ride some with big rubber.

Scapin by Lester Luallin, on Flickr

I never cease to be amazed at what some people consider to be junk; still one mans donation is another mans joy.

I would remove the stickers from the wheels, as I think they look great. I like the Scapin too and Alle should make for a pretty nice ride, if the forks are harsh, might be worth thinking about a change when you respray.

Two really nice bikes, lucky you.

Back