Vitus 979 / Peugeot

Happy Shopper

Retro Newbie
Big pile of bits that I now have to assemble into my Christmas pressie..... to myself.

DSCN0894.JPG

DSCN0902.JPG

Frame now stickered up in Peugeot livery.
I know that the 979 only appeared in the Peugeot catalogues of a few countries in around 81/82 and never got as far as this mid 80's livery, but the carbon tubed version did and was used to great effect by the likes of Robert Millar, so in my head it's kinda justified......

IMG_20131206_215047.jpg

The rims are Wolber Profil 20's that have had very little use. A rare ebay bargain. The ebay bargain being the 'rare thing' rather than the rims!

Re: Vitus 979 / Peugeot - Now built up (with dodgy picture)

Poor quality photo from inside a dark garage, could be a while before I get a decent day and daylight time with the bike to take some better photos.
IMG_20131211_235408.jpg

It's all built up now, but not finished. The RH retrofriction lever has failed me, I'm guessing the internal spring has gone as it won't hold the gears. Admittedly, at the moment it has a 13-18 block so being stuck in the 13 isn't much worse than being able to use the 18 anyway. So although it's all connected it isn't rideable - brakes aren't set up either.
Does anyone know if you can repair the retrofriction levers or am I trawling ebay for a replacement in the hope that they're not broken too?

Back