LARGE Peugeot with equally LARGE price. Gumtree dreamer...

27motorhead

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Nice condition but proper bonkers price!

He's got others for sale too. They must be flying out the door for London Hipsters to customise...

Some interesting pricing in his list of wares.

This Falcon black diamond is coincidentally very similar to one I pointed out for sale nearby in Croydon a little while back - for £20. He wants £295. The description says:

The quality of parts and finish is why Falcon bikes during this period were one of the best in the world.

I think I must have missed a memo there.

And for £100 more he's selling this De Rosa TRIBUTE with Veloce - thats TRIBUTE as in stickered up to be something its not.

Trustafarians? North Londoners / Islingers? Shoxtonistas? Nobody with a clue. He is in competition with Brick Lane Bikes and Hackney Pedelar but without their overheads. I don't think there is a strong market for these though, ten years ago perhaps. Now its all about the Gravel.

Last edited:
Trustafarians? North Londoners / Islingers? Shoxtonistas? Nobody with a clue. He is in competition with Brick Lane Bikes and Hackney Pedlar but without their overheads. I don't think there is a strong market for these though, ten years ago perhaps. Now its all about the Gravel.
I can't ever see him selling any at these prices. Gravel has certainly taken over and these bikes don't have the capability to be switched to retro hipster gravel machines due to lack of clearances for both tyres and stand-over height. Plus as time flies by the people who would remember these bikes when they were younger are too old to ride them/enjoy them comfortably. BLB and Pedal Pedlar have strong prices, but they have big overheads and spend time creating listings, descriptions and proper photography.

So whose gonna' buy it then? 😜 At least if the listing is on eBay you can always make them a decent offer which is normal 1/10th of the asking price!

There are some strange bike trends in London. 15 years ago there was this Koga Miyata thing, the place was flooded with late 70s Kogas, esp N. London. Then the beards went for full dress tourers, Dawes Galaxy and Surly long haul truckers were everywhere.

My mate (originally from Nottingham) used to be a chippy in the East End and ride to work on a bitsa Marin steel MTB, 45mm tyres and drop bars on an 18cm stem:LOL:. The beards always asked him where he got his bike, blokes used to ride up next to him and nod appreciativley at traffic lights.
Next month eveybody on a steel MTB with drops....

Back