Raleigh Europa, I think I'm done now!

kamakazerider

Devout Dirtbag
I think I've created what I always wanted and after the first five hundred miles I love the way it rides.
Bought as a home sprayed old "Raleigh Racer" off the Bay.
Runs Campag Gran Sport drive train ITM Bars,Stem and seat post, Rolls seat and Weinmann 999's. multiple pics on http://www.flickr.com/photos/98926545@N03/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 1,239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 1,238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 1,239
Now that's a pretty looking thing but i get the feeling it isn't a feather weight but looks like a comfortable ride though and unless your into a bit of racing then that is all that matters :) ..

Thank you for those kind words you're right it is not the lightest but chuck my 18 stone across it and I'll race any one downhill! Especially with the refurbed Weinmanns now thinking they are decorative not functional.ido like my old bikes to look good because I'm that slow that people get to take a good look!
Now the bug has bitten a more lightweight 80's Bianchi is now ready for paint, along with a couple of other more high end builds.

Nice but having the brake levers up so high spoils the look of this bike!

All outer cables are way too long, especially the rear mech' cable.

Flint catchers look the part too.

Nice job on the Europa - I had one of these as my first proper bike just the 5 speed version but loved the livery as you do so nice bike you have there

Ian Raleigh":3drkyi5u said:
Nice but having the brake levers up so high spoils the look of this bike!

All outer cables are way too long, especially the rear mech' cable.

Flint catchers look the part too.

Completely agree on this as the lawn also needs bringing back to life also :)

Back