Giant Cadex CF-R2

dodgyrog

Retro Newbie
Finally, a little late, here is my Giant Cadex CF-R2.

I have had it for three years but have known it for much longer. I bought it from a work colleague and amateur racer back in 2001 on behalf of a friend of mine. He fitted the carbon fork but otherwise left it pretty much unchanged. I bought it from him when he bought a new bike and I finally made the move from MTB to road.

Since then it has served me proudly. It has a lovely spritely ride with that power straight down the chainstays feeling. It has taken me up the Alpe d'Huez, Galibier, Ventoux, Tourmalet, Stelvio, Gavia to name a few and around an Ironman.

It is Dura Ace throughout except for the hubs and bb which are Hope titanium. I'm not sure which edition Dura Ace and I'd be interested if anyone can date the frame. My guess is '93?

Sadly I have to report that I have succumb to the pressures of marketing, the groupset has been moved across to a Ti frame and the Cadex frame is being sold due to storage issues. If anyone is interested in giving it a new lease of life please get in touch.

Attachments

• Cadex1.jpg
    Cadex1.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 983
  • Cadex2.jpg
    Cadex2.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 983
  • Cadex3.jpg
    Cadex3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 983
Lovely looking bike, I like it.

But - how do you manage to post a picture as big as that and still get it under the maximum size of 256mb? What resolution is it?

Thanks Old Ned,

I answer to your question, I have no idea. Pics were shot at 5MP and then reduced in size in photoshop to allow them to be posted. That size is just how they ended up. Sorry.

I very well remember it from spotting it in the catalogues back than. Yes, it could very well be 1993 ...or '94. I am quite sure it is in the catalogues in Gallery 2.

If I recall correctly std spec was with Ultegra.

Latest posts

Back