'81 Claud Butler Colstar Yumeya/DuraAce #035210 FINISHED p16

Re: 1981 Claud Butler Colstar - DuraAce #035210

Y is for....

It is looking great and your mods are just right for it.
Looking forward to it all coming back together, just a good bit shinier :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":kdtgdpod said:
It is looking great and your mods are just right for it.
Looking forward to it all coming back together, just a good bit shinier :)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie...

Now on with the quiz....

YU...... any takers?

No one playing?

Ok, I'll give you another clue....

YUM

Re:

Interesting you are running a 30t cassette with 7803 group. Shimano state 28t max. I know that is dependent on the specifics of the bike but I take it there are no issues? And do you think it would handle a 32t without shredding the jockey wheel ?

Re: Re:

peetee":1lrxkl2f said:
Interesting you are running a 30t cassette with 7803 group. Shimano state 28t max. I know that is dependent on the specifics of the bike but I take it there are no issues? And do you think it would handle a 32t without shredding the jockey wheel ?

You can change the cages to suit bigger cassettes

legrandefromage":3esfl2ur said:
peetee":3esfl2ur said:

You can change the cages to suit bigger cassettes

Yes, the group set came with a (I think) 26t 2004 DuraAce cassette, but I couldn’t drag my sorry backside up and out of our little Wolds valley without getting off & walking, so I swapped it out with a Shimano Ultegra CS-6700 10 speed SIS 12-30t from 2019 which unsurprisingly given Shimanos trickle down policy looks exactly like the older DuraAce, you really couldn’t distinguish any difference & so far no problems at all, everything shifting as smooth as silk...

As LGF says, it’s perfectly possible to put longer cages on if you want a wider range cassette, search some of his road threads....

Jamiedyer":2d2jt85l said:
Not sure what I am playing but is it Yummy Gummy tyres by Sim Works?

Jamie

Good answer... but not quite right.. ;)

:LOL: Just mucking about.... I’ve got myself two unnecessary and completely self-indulgent “upgrades”
The first is a Shimano DuraAce/ax set of handlebars... and the other is what the silly guessing game is for..

We’re still on YUM until next week :xmas-wink:

Bit of a trek but they have a cake offer!

Attachments

• 85C87567-B84F-4C1F-B45F-21B7FA56F67C.jpeg
    85C87567-B84F-4C1F-B45F-21B7FA56F67C.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 362
Back