FRM stem, Nuovo Record & Gran Sport Headsets, Veloce BB

Tamandua

Retro Guru
All items include P&P from Bristol

F.R.M. CNC'd stem 1 1/8" 100mm length. 25.4 clamp Beautiful lightweight stem 128 grams, rise is +/- 6 degrees . Slim diameter of body works really well with traditional steel frames. Nice alternative to Thomson X2 and slightly lighter I think? Ive read online that the bar clamp was designed with tolerance to accept 26.0 bars as well but I don't have bars to test this. Minor corrosion to steerer clamp bolts but easily replaceable, front bolts are new (all steel). RRP for ti bolt version is around £95. So £30? Or trade for Thomson X2 31.8 bar clamp 100mm in black

Campagnolo Nuovo Record Headset - is starting to index due to very slight brinelling barely visible on crown race and lower cup , someone with a better touch than me may be able to keep it smooth. Top race and cup are excellent. New grade 10 bearings. I believe parts can be used from the Tange copy if you want to replace. Otherwise spares and repairs so £25

Campagnolo Gran Sport Headset- same design and low stack height as Campagnolo Pista Headset (34mm I think) just with two flats on upper cup. This should have 2 cages of 25 x 5/32 balls but came on a frame with 2 cages of 25 x 3/16 balls (also replaced with Grade 10). Cages are stamped Campag so these may be from a NR headset. I was using it like this none the wiser and its works ok. Top race and cup are excellent. There is however pitting to the crown race and lower race, I think due to water ingress. But again I have used it on a commuter for 18 months with plenty of grease and not really noticed when riding. Otherwise spares and repairs so again £25

Campagnolo Veloce bottom bracket 111mm iso taper, British thread. Threads slightly worn but will go in fine if your bottom bracket shell is clean! £15

Ive tried to show the condition of all items but let me know if you have any questions or need more pics, or if prices are way off .

cheers

Latest posts

Back