UNUSED Mavic Open Pro CD on rear Shimano 105 **MODERN**

Chairmanmo

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have the above for sale. Looking for £95 posted. Completely new and unused.

Basically, I ordered this off Dave Hinde (yeh, I know...) about a month ago then remembered I'd read online ages ago that his service was appalling and he's a bit of a scumbag. Cue panicked attempts to cancel the order but to no avail.

After three weeks of Dodgy Dave's particular brand of 'service', I gave up on the wheel ever coming, issued him a letter asking for my money back and bought some Fulcrums instead. Lo and behold, the Dave Hinde wheel turned up within 48 hours. It is, therefore, surplus to requirements and apparently I can't get my money back because he has (belatedly) fulfilled the contract. So, I'm offering it here for sale at £20 less than I paid.

Putting the appalling service to one side, the wheel itself looks great. Totally smooth and true, good tension, pretty light and fairly bombproof. I had some Dave Hinde wheels on my MTB that I bought in 1995 and they were still going strong when I sold it last year (that's why I went back to him, forgetting I'd read some reviews of his 'service' online in the interim). Tempted to hold onto it as a rather nice spare tbh but I need the cash.

So there you have it – a good wheel at a great price and without the shocking service I experienced!!

Pics below:

Wheel1 by chairmanmo2012, on Flickr

Wheel2 by chairmanmo2012, on Flickr

Wheel3 by chairmanmo2012, on Flickr

PM me if you're interested. It'll be packed in a proper wheel box and sent recorded.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back