FS: Orange Dynamo, Voodoo Rada and a Thomson Seatpost

i-am-iron-man

Senior Retro Guru
Orange Dynamo

It took me ages and ages to find one of these, but unfortunately I have no intention of riding this ultra-rare, 1st generation Orange Dynamo from the early 90's.

* 54 cm square
* Unfortunately the bike parted company with the original forks some time ago. The frame comes with a pair of "Profile Design" carbon forks, a 1" Campagnolo Record headset and most of a USE seatpost.
* No cracks! Apart from ...
* ... the derailleur braze-on cracked and was ground off (by the former owner). It has been done quite well - you hardly notice it once you've put a braze-on adapter on.
* Contrary to what you'd expect, the frame is not anodised but is actually nickel plated - yes - imagine parking it next to your P7. But it has faded in places. You can see where the original decals have been. On the other hand you'll be hard pressed to fund another aluminium bike with nickel plating. After doing my homework I found out this is very involved and doesn't come cheap.
* Talking of original decals, Gil has the exact right ones for this bike on file.
* I can't remember what year this is from, but it appears in one of the Orange catalogues in the archive (1992?)
* I believe this was produced in extremely limited numbers.
£175 UK posted

Voodoo Cycles Rada
0b3b2555.jpg

A great looking and unusual Joe Murray-designed road frame in pearlescent white. It looks ace when it catches the sunlight. I'm only selling it because I somehow ended up with a pair of these compact, sharp-riding Reynolds 853-tubed frames.

Measurements are:
- Seat tube centre-to-centre is 48cm
- Seat tube centre-to-top is 52cm
- Effective TT length is 55cm
- Head tube is 13cm long

Condition is great - I've built this frame but did not ride it for long, so is only around a hundred miles old.
Yours for £350 UK posted

Thomson Seatpost

* 31.6mm x 410mm Thomson Elite seatpost
* Has a scratch but below the minimum insertion line, but...
* ... no blemishes above it.
* £39 posted

Back