Holdsworth Triath Elan Vintage Original Racing Bike 531c

balciaks

Old School Hero
sold already!!!

Holdsworth Triath Elan Vintage Original Racing Bike 531c 1986
This is a beautiful original shed fine, been in the shed for many years, not much used. All the gears working, breaks working. Tyres are fully inflated but the side walls are deteriorated- i would advise to change the tyres. It has some rust there and there- you are more then welcome to come and have a look.
Build with Reynolds 531c throughout (fork blades, stays and butted frame tubes) and with a specification normally associated with far more expensive machines. The design of this model has been by the development of the Triathalon for a fast responsive performance in competition
Size: 23
Frame Materials Angles: 531 Comp Prugnant Lugs 73
Hubs, rims, tyres: S.I.W Q.R, 700C*1320, 700C*HP22
Free wheel: Sun Tour13-24T, 6SP
Chain wheel: 42/52T, Allez, Alloy/Alloy
Chain: Sedis Sport
Gears: Son Tour ARX 12SP
Breaks: Weinmann 500/500 Q.R.
Saddle: Selle Royal
Bars, tape, stem: G.B. Avanti, White, New G.B.
Pedals, toe straps: Lyotard 82 Quill clips and refl
Colour: ice blue
£180

Attachments

• DSCF7582.JPG
    DSCF7582.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,727
  • DSCF7583.JPG
    DSCF7583.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 1,725
  • DSCF7584.JPG
    DSCF7584.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,723
  • DSCF7585.JPG
    DSCF7585.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 1,724
Hi balciaks,
My name is Robin and I am doing a little digging for information on Marboro Holdsworths for my own sake and for Dave Scrimshaw who has compiled a lot of information on Holdsworths in general.
Would you know the frame number of this Triath Elan? Even a rough stab?
I have just taken posession of an identical framed and painted bike (except my Seattube 531 label has the 531 on the slant). My number looks like 700001 but the last zero is strangely showing rust, and the penultimate zero on its left is over paint-filled, so a little unclear, so I can only be certain of 700XX1, where X's stand for indistinct roundish shaped numbers.
If not (I know it was a few years ago!) would you have contact details, or be able to ask the purchaser?
Thanks and regards,
Yours in cycling,
Robin.

Back