KOGA MIYATA – WORLD TRAVELLER – 1991 – New Old Stock F&F

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
KOGA MIYATA – WORLD TRAVELLER – 1991 – New Old Stock F&F – 50cm
+ RUNNING GEAR

After having this NOS frame and fork sitting in the loft for over a year while I slowly gathered parts I finally got around to putting it together. First off I put the seatpost and wheels on just to make sure of size.........and to my horror it is too large!
I am really gutted as I had been itching to get it together and get it rolling as it should, but alas I am touching pelvic bone to top tube and as much as I am in two minds about building it anyway, I know its better to start again with the right size. Definitely disappointed but thats life I suppose. 2cm and deeper tyres, I suppose size does matter.
The frame and fork was bought from Mel, new old stock in August 2010 and left unpacked until last week. The running gear was also purchased, second hand, from Mel last year and came from a donor bike being a 91 Randoneur, which is the same frame but with XT gruppo instead of the DX that the World Traveller came with. All this had lain packed away again until last week.
I am only looking to get back what I paid and was going to set it up with XT gruppo.
original ad: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... +traveller

For sale:
Koga Miyata 50cm 1991 World Traveller NOS
Frame is beautiful and has only had wheels, stem and seatpost fitted for sizing. It has a couple of fine shop marks but not really noticeable at all. Frame still has the cardboard sleeves on the brake mounts painted the same as the frame. It comes with DX headset and cable hanger as well as bottom bracket. Exactly the same as I purchased it.

Running gear: all come from an original Koga Miyata doner bike from same period.

Wheelset, XT 732 hubs laced to Mavic rims, comes with two sets of tyres and tubes.
Original Koga Miyata front lowrider and rear rack, believed to be made by Tubus. Front has light and wiring fitted as standard. Rear also has standard cargo strap.
SR seatpost – 28.6mm
Generator/dynamo – runs at front of chainstays behind seat tube and is activated on the move from a downtube gear lever (included) located at the top rear of the seattube. All wiring from the front light and the rear gaurd is already in place and the frame has the wiring inside the tubes and can be seen in the pictures. Just connect and go.
Front and rear original fitment mudguards. Rear with light and wiring.
Side stand. This fits to the rear of the chainstay, seatstay on the opposite side to the derailleur.
Standard fitment lock. This mounts to the frame on the back side of the seatstays behind the brakes. Key included of course.
Bottle cages – black
Derailleur protector
All nuts, bolts and fittings for the above are included and in bags labelled for each fitting, as they came from Mel. (Thanks mate as it makes it easier)
I will also include the stem I was going to use, its a old style Nitto riser stem, about 130mm from memory. All the above is back in its boxs, one from the frame and on for the bits so it’s ready to send.
I am looking for £350 for all the above. Cheque or bank transfer preferred over paypal, though paypal is OK if need be. Any questions please ask away.
Cheers
Saddened Jamie

DSC_1284.jpg

DSC_1310.jpg

DSC_1297.jpg

DSC_1288.jpg

DSC_1285.jpg

DSC_1291.jpg

DSC_1248.jpg

DSC_1255.jpg

DSC_1252.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

DSC_1258.jpg

DSC_1260.jpg

DSC_1251.jpg

DSC_1249.jpg

Bump

Frame and fork may be sold seperately bump
I would rather sell together so for now its a package but if interested in just the frame, just drop me a line.

Jamie

Pity it doesn't work for you Jamie.

I can recommend this frame to everyone in the market for the best quality randonneur. The frame is stable, light and has fittings for everything. Nice is the cosmic dust in the paint, very well visable in the pictures under the link in your post #1. It is a very tough quality paint also.

Good value. Not long ago a nearly identical RandonneurExtra frame went for a little over $500 on eBay.com. That frame was used.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bump

Will keep as a package for the short term anyway, but will throw in the XT front and rear mechs I had for it.
All you would need then is bars, brakes and chainset.

Elev12k

Pity it doesn't work for you Jamie.

It really is a major disapiontment as I have a rare couple of days off the end of next week and thought I would take it over to Orkney for its maiden run.

Jamie

Sold

Hello
I sold this to a gentleman in Canada with the racks and mudgaurd included.
I only have the wheels, lock and sidestand for sale.
Thanks for the interest.
Jamie

Back