Kona Humu Humu Nuku Nuku Apua'a Deluxe

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Sold a bike as had no space, then this came up local...

Always wanted one, later models better for me as prefer discs as I ride modern these days.

Only issue is one very very stuck seatpost.

And the paint is awful. Loads of deep scratches and a few light rust patches.

Thinking to sacrifice the seatpost, caustic soda out the tube, respray and build as a play single speed.

Thoughts?

Re:

I’d go with the same approach. I’m not a big fan of those decals anyway so it’s no great loss to respray it, in my eyes at least. I’d probably go for minimal decals, e.g maybe just a head badge.

Re:

Yeah these decals are horrible. Nothing will beat their late 90s style.

Did get a quote from seatpost man but it was £69.99. And the seatpost would be sacrificed Whilst that's fair, if the frame was mint I'd do it for sure, it's a lot when the bike needs a respray anyway, and postage would take that to a tonne.

Re:

Yeah, it’s worth that for a nice condition frame but I think I’d try to do it myself as well on a frame that will be resprayed.

Re:

Couldn't understand why the seatpost took so long to cut through, this is the weirdest post I've ever seen

Seatpost is now being given the caustic soda treatment, but why is this post designed like this? Another centre metre of the post and it reverts to normal. Some sort of super strong post?

Re:

And going

And going

And now its dark and not quite there but I've finished for the night

Re:

And gone. At last.

Had problems doing a bung at the bottom after the first day so had to make a bung at seattube with blue tac and do last bit that way. This meant wrapping the slot for the seatpost and this caused paint loss as shown

All ready for a clean before powdercoating

Re:

I'd rather a 20"

Powdercoat next week

Have a pace carbon fork

Single speed for starters and go from there.

Probably deore disc brakes, and whatever cheap ish wheels

Going to be a quick blast bike and cruise into town steed.

Cannot wait to ride it

Back