Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
So, it’s the big one, the one you’ve all been waiting for and the first time me and the lad have ventured into the post 1998 zone……. :shock:

A 1999 Marin Shoreline Trail

The back up 1994 Antaeus bike for the lad has been built so If you haven’t guessed, it’s time to renovate Our Jimmy’s 1999 Marin Shoreline… :D

This bike started off as Splatter Paints Mountain Mayhem ’19 ride which he decided to sell off after the race for the fine price of £60… now it so happened that I had just sold my 1998 Giant to Widowmaker for £60 posted so the cash was burning a hole in my pocket and THMs red wine had me feeling all benevolent so seeing SP really didn’t wanna take it home I thought it would make a cracking bike for my lad.

Now Jimmy has had a cracking second half of 2019 with this bike, he won’t ride anything else... the only thing we changed was the front tyre and innertube as the original had split, this got Jimmy thinking about how cool the Ritchey WCS stuff was…….. '99 Marin Shoreline (17).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (13).JPG

Last edited:
Re: Our Jimmy’s Marinated in Ritchey sauce (Pa & Son MM20 build)

He’s bigly grown.

So on his letter to Santa this year, was a long list of Ritchey WCS kit....... :xmas-cool: Santa's sack.jpg

Last edited:

The History Man":5dd47dmd said:
He’s bigly grown.

Tell me about it.... two sets of school trouser in one term!!!

Paul R:1ixs9w9s said:
Nice start

Ta....

First job, a weigh-in = 31lb 6oz or just over 14Kg, Splatter P had it weighing 29.4lb so she’s put some weight on somewhere and might need a slight diet, not sure where from as yet.

Something called “The Great British throw down” seems to have distracted the woman folk, so me & Jimmy are off to start the Great Marin Break Down…. '99 Marin Shoreline (5).JPG

Last edited:

Right then… this evenings labours…. the lad did say it’s funny how they come apart so much quicker than they go back together ;)

Think we found one of Mike Muz's posts.... :LOL:

Now then... what colour? '99 Marin Shoreline (6).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (7).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (8).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (9).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (10).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (11).JPG '99 Marin Shoreline (12).JPG

Last edited:

Cool project and one without limits (in terms of you can build anyway you or Jimmy darn well want to)

Just how long was that post got be well over 400mm probably close to 0.5 of a meter :shock:

Lastly - liking the calendar with your favourite build of all time hot out the blocks for Jan :LOL:

Retro Spud":1pyyxcvn said:
Cool project and one without limits (in terms of you can build anyway you or Jimmy darn well want to)

Just how long was that post got be well over 400mm probably close to 0.5 of a meter :shock:

Lastly - liking the calendar with your favourite build of all time hot out the blocks for Jan :LOL:

Crazy stem = 450mm :shock:

I’ve started to warm to these C-26 replicas.....maybe it’s just the older I get the less bothered I’m becoming ;)

Are those Judy's Hydracoils or the older ones with regular springs and rebound cartridge

just taken a few Hydracoils apart and they are so much better with an open oil bath than the Judys' I've previously worked on with elastomers or springs

Back