2015 Cotic Solaris 29 or 27.5

yeti_bomb

Senior Retro Guru
And so it begins...

Pretty sweet and light frame. Will be building it more XC like then my Rootdown which will be my AM fun bike. More to come.

Re:

Sweet. :cool:

Go 27.5+ PLEASE!!!

I'm itching to try them on mine, but can't justify the expense of a second set of wheels for it at the moment.

Re:

I'm just gonna have to get some then. :D

What do you have in mind for the build when you say more XC orientated?

The Mk 1 frames are optimised for 100mm forks but the Mk 2 is really aimed at 120mm (cos that's what most owners were fitting).
They build into a real all rounder. They ride lighter than they weigh and are really quick over the ground but they're also fast when things head downhills too.

Fitting a dropper post opens up a load of their potential, I'd certainly recommend that you fit one even if you aim to use it for XC rides.
However you build it, they inspire huge amounts of confidence- it's my go to bike, not really sure if I actually 'need' anything else really.

It's a bit of a hooligan :cool:

I have a 100mm Recon Air 15mm hub that I will use. I'm pretty old school, so no droppers or hydro discs for me. Rocket Ron or Racing Ralph tires. It won't be super light but more so then the Rootdown.

Re:

I get the old skool thing. I only VERY recently got a full suspension bike that I actually saw the point of (and even that hasn't seen daylight since I go the Solaris) & more recently moved to 29" wheels, but I have to recommend that you try a dropper post.
They really are the best thing since bouncy forks- think of them as a modern clever version of a hite-rite that can be adjusted on the fly. I wasn't convinced until I tried one. Didn't think the kind of riding I did merited the extra weight, but I wouldn't be without one now

Back