Doh! new bike day! (again!)

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
so, some of you know i have a fat bike on order with Peacock Groove, but as with all custom builders you have to be very patient. it's been a year since i put down a deposit and the build is still a while off being started.

since i got back into the trade i have access to some deals here and there and i got offered a good deal on a Genesis Caribou fat bike, i couldn't refuse!

it came in today, unfortunately i couldn't get it built in time for tonights "mountain bike monday" ride so i finished it after the ride. what also prompted me to get one is that my friend Phil bought the same model from the shop a week or 2 ago, then me and the other main employee, another Phil, were chatting, next thing we knew they were on order! :facepalm:

anyway, here's some pics of the bike and a couple from tonights ride, Phil (my mate) has changed a few small things on his bike but the reason i didn't get mine finished today was that Phil (aka "laurensdad" on here) that i work with wanted me to swap a load of stuff from his other bike over to it, so his is a mix of xt/xtr including swapping to white brake hose which obviously includes bleeding both brakes, not to mention greasing headsets and bottom brackets as frankly there is never enough grease in them as standard.

with mine i have fitted hope mono m4 brakes (older ones that i had lying around) and also an SLX mech i had, also changed from "mary" style bars to normal riser bars, i'm sure i'll do more but as and when as opposed to right away.

IMG_4126 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4127 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4129 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4130 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4131 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4133 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4134 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

this is my buddy Phil on the bike
IMG_4119 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

this is Phil that i work with
IMG_4123 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4124 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

IMG_4125 by Dr. Branom, on Flickr

Re:

These are bloody lovely and im not usually a big fat bike fan. Was it last years they did in a beige? My local bike shop had one and I thought they looked ace.

That last pic with the water splash is epic. Looks great fun and I'm itching to have a crack on a fat bike, but don't want to increase my bike count - the Mrs would kill me!!!!

Re:

yeah i've been riding this quite a bit, mainly as both Phils only have the fat bike as their mtb so when we go out which has been 2 to 3 times a week we all ride the fat bikes, sold another one to a lady who occasionally comes out with us aswel. they are fun, which is ideal as that is what bikes should be :D

Back