My Cove stiffee build

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, as one or two folk know I was planning on stripping my 2011 SC bullit and getting it built on to this Cove stiffee frame. Here are a few pictures.

I'm not too keen on the paint finish of the frame but never mind there's one or two marks and the decals are stuck on top and not lacquered in, they're peeling too.

Re:

Very nice looking Cove. I have a stiffee waiting to be built. What fork did you use?

You would think after all these years they would make better decals. Mine are peeling also.

Cheers dude, I think I commented on your build, any further on? I'm using a set of rock shox rev RL's they're set to 150 at the min but Ive got the 140mm spacer at the ready!

I took a long break. Couldn't afford a fork for it after some unexpected house renovations. Also got sidetracked on my Reaper and Beast builds. Those were cheap because I had all the parts. Need some modern stuff for the cove. How does it handle? Looks rad.

Ah right got you. I've not been on any rough stuff yet, just been playing about on the street with it, it seems to handle nice enough so far. I want a few more red bits for it, I'm going to get some red bar end caps for it and a rear hope qr. then she'll be about done.

Looks good buddy. I really like these and remember when they were all the rage...seem to remember people saying they worked best with 140mm forks hence the original Pikes being a popular choice. Sometimes I'd with that I'd bought one instead of the Chameleon I bought in 07.

The only bad thing that I remember about them was the paint...it's not very tough and is probe to flaking. The none lacquered decals are a pain (they always were on my Chameleon too).

Cheers dude, I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. The decals, I'm tempted to buy a new set and put some heli tape over them or just keep the these ones on it hmm I don't know just yet.

I've bought a few more suited parts for it. I've got a easton haven stem coming, red hope QR fitted and a red top cap coming too. I'm going to get some new style v12 mags for it soon.

Here's a pic with the changes done, easton haven stem, 2014 v12 mag pedals, bender fender and red hope stem cap, sorry it's not the best picture!

Smart choice a modern classic, be interested how it rides, harsh or just full on fun!
Why the Bullit break down? I must look up that thread...

Latest posts

Back