2000 Specialized stumpjumper M2 project FINISHED!

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, here is my latest project a 2000 M2 stumpy, she's seen better days but has came to a good home! All she really needs is all cables changing service the brakes and a new chain, and mtb tyres, oh and a bit paint!

I changed the bars for a set of specialized ones and fitted some wtb grips

I've wet and dried the rear end and waiting for a warm sunny day to paint her! Hmm could be waiting some time!

Re:

Love a stumpjumper great bikes!
My brother bought a early 90's one second hand and snapped the chainstay doing some dirt jumps!

My dad wrote to specialized and they sent him a brand new 99 I think it was yellow stumpjumper frame for free!!

He's still got it now.

Re: 2000 Specialized stumpjumper M2 project

It's my second specialized, I had a 99 fsr which I gave my dad. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this one tho. As you say they're an awesome bike.

Re:

Nice! The fsr's were really nice bikes.
My brothers has got pace rc36's on, a mavic d521 wheelset with the same tioga dh 2.1 tyres on from bitd. (he hasnt used it much!!)

Cool, yeah they sure are. I do take his for the occasional spin every now and then! Still pretty sweet off-road compaired to the modern bikes.

I bought these tioga tyres for her, she's away to the lbs to get cabling done, I'm useless at it!

I managed to get a bit more done this week, I got the brake/gear cables and brake blocks changed and also new chain-cassette fitted. I also painted the seat stays, I still have the chain stays to do.

Well I found out the freehub is fooked, it jumps really bad, I thought it might have been the gears needing tuning but they work spot on.

EDIT: it's not the freehub that's fine, it turns out the middle ring is toast.

Nice looking bike you have yourself there! Congrats. I have a 98 M2 that I hoped would be nearer complete than it currently is, so it's nice to see one completed!

Your forks: are they the Manitou SX Ti? If so, could you do me a favour and measure the axle-to-crown on them? I need to see how they stack up against the Z2's I have planned for mine.

Back