New Build >>> On One Inbred 29er SS

letmetalktomark

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Any excuse to build another bike ....

With summer almost upon us (its chucking it down as I write this) I thought I would build up a bike that I didn't need to be precious about and that could be used with a child carrier for transporting LMTTM Junior around on.

I decided on it being a 29er as I had a good deal of the bits already bar the frame, oh and fork :oops: :LOL:

I looked around at cheap 29er frames with a view that if really tatty I could always powder coat it.

I had seen the On One SS specific 29er frames on their site previously but not clocked they were £119.

FROOSSLTD29_P1.jpg

Bearing in mind it would cost me £40 to have a frame powder coated £119 seemed a bargain price so I ordered one.

Frame is nicely finished, straight and a modest 6lbs in weight ..... whaaaaat :shock: :mrgreen:

➡️ So here it is built up.

1781058_10154108158390573_7034026370348974985_o.jpg

Need to change the tyres for some with a greater volume to maximise the use of wide rims but thats all.

Without the carrier it feels like a big BMX. Its a size down from what I would normally ride but the longish TT makes it possible and surprisingly comfortable.

Most importantly LMTTM Junior approves and laughed and whooped his way through the first ride :cool: :cool: :cool:

So bring on the good weather!

➡️ Spec:

Frame: On One Inbred SS Specific 29er

Fork: Salsa Fargo V2

Headset: Hope
Stem: Thomson (100mm)
Handlebar: Easton EA70 riser - Its the only bike I have that has a riser bar. Makes it feel very BMXish
Grips: KCNC Foam ones

Brakes: Avid BB7 180/160. Make up the size of the front rotor though as me +bike + carrier + LMTTM Junior will take some stopping!
Brake Levers: Avid SD5

Shifters: No
Front Derailleur: Non
Rear Derailleur: Ne
Derailleur Cables: Na
Cassette: Superstar Components wide bodied SS sprocket
Chain: SRAM 850
Cranks: Deore
Chainrings: Std Shimano 32T - Will look to change this for an unramped ring
Bottom Bracket: KCNC
Pedals: The heaviest pedals know to man

Hub Skewers: Halo Hex skewers
Rims: Stans Flow EX From my Solaris
Hubs: Hope Pro 2 Evo

Tyres: IRC something or others

Saddle: SDG Belair
Seatpost: Thomson
Seatpost Binder: No name

Weight: If you have to ask ......

Nice bike but please lose the kiddie seat, kids are too valuable to cart around on the back of a bike, its not you its the other daft idiots on the roads nowadays.

Nice bike but please lose the kiddie seat, bikes are too valuable to cart around a kid on the back, its not you its the other daft idiots on the bike nowadays.

And there I was thinking how the red bits on the child seat complimented the headset, skewers, etc.

It shows how wrong I was so please keep your children wrapped up in cotton wool until the are 21 at least.

:LOL:

really nice. Those salsa forks are a good touch too.
I'm sorely tempted by the geared (small legs) version which is currently £149 (from £200).

Let us know how you get on with it...

Re:

I'm not normally a fan of SS bikes but for some strange reason i've found myself admiring your ON ONE
:shock: and although kid seats look a bit weird on bikes i just wish i'd of had the pleasure of being seated in one when i were little as i should imagine i'd of lapped it up ;) ..

The fat looks superb :shock: no it really does look the dogs !! , i honestly wasn't sure about fat bikes
when they 1st came out but seeing yours now has certainly made me a fan of the way they look and your opinion seems pretty positive so enough said for now ;) ..

Re:

superstu":1rik4j4m said:
Are they fleegle bars? Any good?

These are Mary bars. They are like a more extreme Fleegle bar! Super comfortable and make for a really stable ride.

I run Fleegles on another bike, again very comfortable but I prefer the Mary bars.

Bargain for the money.

Back