DMR Bolt - a hooligan bike!

ajantom

Retrobike Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
So, I built up a Voodoo Zobop a couple of years ago as a SS bike....

7069106787_8dc4e9a0ff_c.jpg

....it worked really well, but the frame was too small for me, the seatpost couldn't be dropped because of the shock placement, and I didn't like the lack of a rear disc brake.

I've been on the lookout for a replacement ever since. I nearly bought a Kona A, but decided against it, as I like steel frames - yeah, I know, making life difficult for myself!

So when I saw the DMR Bolt last year I was quite excited......but it is a small/short frame, designed for jumping and slopestyle. Then they released the 'long' version - with longer seat tube and top tube - designed for trail and enduro riding....

455594d3-d869-4685-8e49-a17b00a76436_290x290.jpg

...Steel - yup. Swappable dropouts - yup. Enough ST to drop the post or fit a dropper - yup. BB pivot - yup. Lockout on shock for climbing - yup. Cool matt black paint ;) - yup.
Ticks all the boxes for me.
So here's my initial build - black and red for a stealthy look. I might fit a 140mm Pike instead of the Maverick forks. Looking forward to the first ride :D

Attachments

• IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 2,095
Re: DMR Bolt - a single-speed full-sus pt.2

Interesting. Did you not have the mavericks on the fat bike or was I imagining that?

On a seperate note are you all healed and riding again after your off?

Yup, they were on the Krampus.
I took them off for winter and to replace a seal. They're easy to swap between 26" and 29" with a simple spacer.

Went on my first offroad ride on Saturday since the crash - my fitness level has really dropped :(

Stay off the bike a bit longer and you will be like me!

Seriously though, glad that you are back out and about.

Looks a massive top tube, which I know is the norm these days.

I like that. They've had some really good reviews too.

Personally I think it'd look better with a pair of Pikes or similar on it.

How have you found the main pivot round the BB? My Solid Flair had a similar system which worked pretty well but didn't like it if you mashed the pedals.

Yeah, I think I'm going to swap it to the Pikes. Probably suit the type of riding I'll do on it better.
It hasn't been out for its maiden voyage yet - hopefully this weekend, weather permitting.
I imagine a BB pivot is going to be less forgiving with pedal mashing and prefer a more fluid pedalling style. It is an SS though, so some mashing may be required. That's partly why I got a frame with a lockout, so I can turn it into a hardtail for steep climbs!

Nice one, cool frame. As a serial DMR collector I can see the appeal!
They were sell some used ones on Upgrade website.

Anoter vote for Single crowns.

reanimation":1u7gbbrd said:
Nice one, cool frame. As a serial DMR collector I can see the appeal!
They were sell some used ones on Upgrade website.

Anoter vote for Single crowns.

Is this your next purchase?

These bikes are AMAZING!!! A friend of mine has one and I love it. If I could afford to have a single speed do everything bike this would be it!!! Very jealous!

Back